GO!

What Are You Doing For "Train Your Dog Month?"

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

(Page 2 of 4: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3  4  
Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Wed Jan 23, '13 2:26am PST 
I've been working on roll over and sit pretty. Also heeling.

We should all make a video at the end of the month (even if we don't finish the work, tape a fave behaviour/trick) and share them here. That could be great fun! smile
[notify]
Cobain ADC,- SGDC, CGN

More Bored- Collies

Barked: Wed Jan 23, '13 5:55am PST 
I like that idea JT, maybe it will motivate me to work more often with them laugh out loud
[notify]
Alva BH

I ordered the- best dog for me- & got her

Barked: Wed Jan 23, '13 10:26am PST 
I've been practicing 'shame on you' wit Alva. Thoug I am not sure what this trick is called. She should place her paw on her eyes and look "embarrassed".

This is one difficult trick when putting tape on her muzzle is not an option. But I think we are getting closer.

Yesterday she learned to 'play the piano'. It was easy, just some nose-touch targeting.

I don't know what to teach her next after she has learned the 'put your paw on your head' trick.
[notify]

Nicky

World's Cutest- Leprechaun

Barked: Wed Jan 23, '13 11:41am PST 
I'm going to start brushing Nicky up on his obedience commands so we can eventually start participating in Cyber Rally-O dancing
[notify]
Tika RS-E- JS-E GS-E RA- CL3

Mine?

Barked: Wed Jan 23, '13 4:00pm PST 
Ok, I lied - Tika started scent articles last night - now to add in some harder things to scent lol!
[notify]
Noah

Herpaderp-apotam- us

Barked: Wed Jan 23, '13 6:55pm PST 
I'm working on teaching Noah to go and fetch the paper. Right now we're working on the very first step: hold something in your mouth.

I've tried to teach him this many times before but I'm now really making progress because I'm taking my time and not letting my expectations get me into trouble. But I'm very pleased with how quickly he seems to be getting it.

I should be good and work on my 2x2s as well. Thanks for reminding me Zephyr!
[notify]
Sarah,- CW-SR,- CW-G1, CGC

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Wed Jan 23, '13 8:10pm PST 
Sarah and I joined a C-WAGS Rally league and we are halfway to our Rally Starter title and halfway to our Level One Games title. I am however, really busy with my "real job" and have been slacking off with training. I am also having a hard time training because the only place I have to train right now is my teeny tiny spare bedroom, so it gets hard to practice some of the turns and circles. I think tomorrow night I might take her to Petsmart to practice!
[notify]
Clyde

Ice cubes? YES- PLEASE!

Barked: Thu Jan 24, '13 8:51am PST 
I'm teaching Clyde "beg", which is usually known as "sit pretty". It's a challenge for a giant, but his moderate conformation and athleticism make it possible. I've worked him up to 1-2 second stays after starting 2-3 weeks ago. My dad thought it would be impossible when I started, but I knew better.hamster dance

I should get a pic of him next time he manages to do a good one.
[notify]
Moose

I love sitting- in laps

Barked: Thu Jan 24, '13 8:55am PST 
Homework was assigned? I must have fallen asleep. Can I borrow someone's notes?
[notify]
Rigby

Dingbat

Barked: Thu Jan 24, '13 9:14am PST 
So I sorta lied dancing I started a competitive OB training with Rigby last night! That counts riiiight?
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 4: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3  4