GO!

Aggressive towards other dogs

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2  
Dr. Watson

Not a wiener- dawg!

Barked: Tue Jan 22, '13 10:41am PST 
This article looks okay. Training Your Dog To Wear A Muzzle You want to train the dog to wear the basket muzzle slowly with food and without corrections.

This will give you peace of mind and security while you find other help for his problems.
[notify]

Barked: Tue Jan 22, '13 12:36pm PST 
Brilliant thank you all so much for your advice!! Can honestly say I've never been so frightened in my life! My boyfriend works in Afghanistan so I live alone and he really looks after me, I'd hate for him to do any serious damage to another dog and it result in him being put down! Im going to be looking after him fr another couple of months so making an appointment at the vets this week because I know I can't handle this problem on my own!!!!!! I know just putting a muzzle on wont solve the problem and also because he is so strong I'm worried if he were to jump on a little dog he could break its back and a muzzle wouldn't solve that!! Thanks for all of your advice!!! It's really helpful!!
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2