GO!

This Is Just Very Odd

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

(Page 2 of 3: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3  
Dylan aka- Dilly

frisbee- s rule

Barked: Sun Jan 20, '13 4:11pm PST 
I found that video very sad. having an epileptic dog, and one that has problems with random outbreaks of aggression,partly due to the epilepsey, and intensified (I just learned) by one of the meds he takes that whole thing upsets me that some people would find it funny.

and as for that dogster mag story, I really had a hard time staying away from commenting.figured had pushed my luck with HQ on the charlie ones, but that woman needed slapped
[notify]
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Sun Jan 20, '13 4:30pm PST 
Maybe totally unrelated as far as the cause of the leg movement, but the video reminded me of my cat Felix. The end of his tail was somehow broken and had to be amputated. For several weeks after that it was clearly hurting him, and it was almost like it would move on its own. He would respond by trying to grab his tail because it was hurting him. So as Koby and Charlie said, I would wonder if there's pain involved, and perhaps even related to the movement of the leg.

I didn't find Felix attacking his own tail to be the least bit funny. It broke my heart to see him like that.
[notify]
Natasha - 美花- ~Beautiful- Flower~

Let's play tag!- You're it!

Barked: Sun Jan 20, '13 4:47pm PST 
I've seen this video before and when I first saw it, it reminded me of "Alien Hand Syndrome" in humans, which can be caused by different brain injuries/diseases such as epilepsy, tumors, seizures, etc... thinking No matter what the issue is with the dog, it is definitely *not* funny! confused
[notify]

Sanka- I'll Miss- You

The ground is my- newspaper.

Barked: Sun Jan 20, '13 5:35pm PST 
I always felt dogs didn't have control of their hind legs lol. When they scratch themselves, I see just about every dog have some event where they get frustrated with the placement of their own hind legs.
[notify]
Tiaki CGC- SD

I am a Pringles- pilfering pup!!

Barked: Sun Jan 20, '13 9:09pm PST 
I saw this video years ago. I think I got the link from an article? I know I read somewhere that they had a fishing line tied or taped to the leg to make it move.
[notify]
Kashmir- ♥ CGC

Boxer Beach Bum

Barked: Mon Jan 21, '13 8:46am PST 
This was on america's funniest home videos one time. It find it strange and sad that people were laughing at the dog. shrug
[notify]
Nicky

World's Cutest- Leprechaun

Barked: Mon Jan 21, '13 6:04pm PST 
Whenever I see videos like this I cringe and feel really really bad for the dog. They probably have something serious going on that needs to addressed and the owners find it as a source of amusement.
[notify]
Oz

Trust me...I'm a- beagle

Barked: Wed Jan 23, '13 7:39am PST 
The commentary from the owners was what got to me most.
If the dog *only* acts like this toward the leg and not other people or dogs then I suppose I could maybe see the humour.
But to me it just doesn't seem like it.

Odd behaviour shrug
[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Wed Jan 23, '13 10:06am PST 
"This was on america's funniest home videos one time. It find it strange and sad that people were laughing at the dog."
I find the majority of America's funniest home videos like this... using someone (or some animal's) pain (or embarrassment) as a source for comedy. Pretty sad world! I can't watch it anymore at all!
[notify]
Sanka- I'll Miss- You

The ground is my- newspaper.

Barked: Wed Jan 23, '13 1:00pm PST 
Oh I don't know, accidental nut shots make me snort.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 3: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3