GO!

Dog to Dog Corrections

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Topic closed to new posts.
(Page 9 of 9: Viewing entries 81 to 90)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  
Cain

Q.E.D., baby,- Q.E.D.!

Barked: Wed Jan 16, '13 9:09pm PST 
"I still believe that no human will ever speak dog as well as, well, a dog."

applauseapplause
[notify]
ARCHMX Asher RL1X RL2X RL3X RL

we will dance in- the ring without- words

Barked: Thu Jan 17, '13 7:05am PST 
Thank you for clarifying, Cain. You are right, I did NOT get the impression you had sent her to the breeder/hog hunter.

I certainly was under the impression that you were sending her away to live with someone else due to the issues you were having, or at least to modify her behavior. Although I am not quite sure how hog hunting and being bred would ultimately change her behavior. Did he explain to you how it would affect her relationship with Chloe?

And how sad that he used unsavory practices. it is one of the reasons I would never board my dogs with anyone unless I was completely aware of how they handle dogs.

I am also a bit surprised you have not filed charges against him if he did indeed keep your dog. Trainers and breeders, especially those who do a board and whatever type of thing, usually have contracts, at least the reputable ones do. I would think you would have legal recourse to recover your dog.

I know that when my ex moved out while we were still married I was told by the police in no uncertain terms that in PA, dogs are considered property and that if he tried to remove them it would be considered theft. And I would have moved heaven and earth to recover my dogs if he HAD taken them. Are dogs NOT considered property in the state(s) that you live in? Did you not have a breeding contract? You should 100% contact authorities about a stolen dog.

Edited by moderator Wed Jan 30, '13 4:43pm PST

Edited by forums moderator
Squ'mey

too old to eat- any more KD

Barked: Thu Jan 17, '13 7:22am PST 
Exactly how does this address the OP & her issues shrug Does not seem to be any need to post private discussions that are 3 years old
[notify]

Barked: Thu Jan 17, '13 7:26am PST 
k.. whatever's the conversation with a bitch who has SSA has got nothing to do with the topic at hand and it's rather hilarious that it's being portrayed as a direct result of it. so much failed/faulty correlation and logic around here.

Edited by author Tue Jan 22, '13 6:23pm PST

[notify]
Trixie Bean!

none so blind as- those that will- not see

Barked: Thu Jan 17, '13 7:29am PST 
Squ'mey, I was just going to say the same thing thinking

The point was made that Cains situation was not due to the dog being corrected by other dogs as a puppy, but rather a bitch to bitch issue which as far as I am aware, is fairly common.. As far as I can see Asher, it would have been in better 'taste' so to speak to finish your previous post after the first two sentences rather than to take the thread off topic over an old situation shrug. Personally, I would be offended if something I had said in a private message was broadcast in the public forums.
[notify]

Barked: Thu Jan 17, '13 10:15am PST 
might be relevant...:

The Association of Pet Dog Trainers Social Media Policy
I. Protect the Association’s “voice:” Posts on social media sites should protect the APDT’s voice by demonstrating a professional tone. Never post anything that is defamatory, in bad taste, or that would cause the association harm to its reputation.

http://www.apdt.com/about/policies/social-media/

APDT Code of Professional Conduct and Responsibility:
I will use discretion in revealing information regarding dogs displaying potentially dangerous behavior.

http://www.apdt.com/about/code.aspx

Process for reviewing allegations of misconduct and appeal of decisions

The Code and process for complaints and appeal are to be openly published on the APDT website and reported annually in the association journal, Chronicle of the Dog.

Members or non-members may file reports of alleged violation of the Code of Professional Responsibility and Conduct.

http://www.apdt.com/about/code.aspx
[notify]
Cain

Q.E.D., baby,- Q.E.D.!

Barked: Thu Jan 17, '13 10:25am PST 
Thanks for the info, guest - you can bet I'll be looking into that.

Edited by moderator Tue Jan 29, '13 1:58pm PST

Edited by forums moderator
Sabi

When the night- closes in I will- be there

Barked: Thu Jan 17, '13 1:22pm PST 
I don't understand what SSA or DA that is likely genetic in origin has to do with a stable adult dog correcting a pupconfused
I would never allow Shadow to administer a correction because she's a wingnut anyway. She is a genetic nightmare. She has more issues then Time magazinelaugh out loud
I don't think that Dar is like that at all.
Cain I think Luba sounds like Sabi. Gotta love them.
[notify]
Cain

Q.E.D., baby,- Q.E.D.!

Barked: Thu Jan 17, '13 1:28pm PST 
"Cain I think Luba sounds like Sabi.Gotta love them."

Yup - big grin They're pretty fabulous, no doubt about that. We got lucky. smile
[notify]
Dogster HQ

Barked: Thu Jan 17, '13 2:40pm PST 
Hi,

We have closed this thread. Threads can be closed temporarily or permanently for a variety of reasons. Some of the most common reasons are: the thread has gone off topic; the thread is not in the 'spirit' of Dogster; the thread is no longer fun, friendly or informational; the thread has been discussed at length in other threads; or we cannot provide adequate moderation at this time.

Please let HQ know if you have any questions.

HQ

(Page 9 of 9: Viewing entries 81 to 90)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9