GO!

Dogs new to horses . . .. what are the common reactions?

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

(Page 16 of 19: Viewing entries 151 to 160)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  
Dylan aka- Dilly

frisbee- s rule

Barked: Fri Jan 11, '13 12:16pm PST 
this was just posted on the free charlie fb page

HSC,

We have reached a settlement. Charlie will NOT be killed! Ill be sharing more details with you soon! Federal Court Judge Charles Breyer made some very interesting statements in court today saying "Never in 30 years have I seen such local and international attention in a case ... " and he made other statements included were welcoming such public opinion and public forum.

You should be very proud of Charlies attorney John Mounier for helping and much praise should be given to Federal Magistrate Judge Nathan Cousins for his commitment after 7 hours of very long and intense negotitiations resulting in an acceptable resolution.

Charlie will live, play, and be free to share love with the world.

I wonder if he stays with david?
[notify]
Moose

I love sitting- in laps

Barked: Fri Jan 11, '13 1:44pm PST 
I wonder if he'll be the same dog (the friendly side of the dog) after being isolated in the shelter for all these months.

Charlie's owner was on the local radio talk show earlier this week and I noticed when he was asked questions he chose his words very carefully. How he described his version of the incident. How far the horse was chased. The damage done to the horse, etc. Very careful in how he phrased his words.
I didn't listen after he talked. I didn't want to hear all of the Charlie fanatics call in.
[notify]
Tiller- (Skansen's- Ira in the M

I DO Exist...To- Drive You Batty

Barked: Fri Jan 11, '13 2:20pm PST 
I wouldn't think he stays. I would hope he does NOT stay. A horrible moment for animal welfare if he does, IMO. A bad move for anti BSL too, if the public is to feel that mismanaged dogs from clueless and irresponsible owners could be returned to their owners due to pressure from a small group of fanatics.

Checked the Facebook....looks like he signed him over. At last. Hooray. What a jerkface.
[notify]

Dylan aka- Dilly

frisbee- s rule

Barked: Fri Jan 11, '13 2:44pm PST 
I asked if he stayed with david, never got an answer
[notify]
Squ'mey

too old to eat- any more KD

Barked: Fri Jan 11, '13 3:06pm PST 
According to The Lexus project, the settlement was reached last night. The dog was signed over to the City.
Tiller applause. There are some total whack-a-doos on the owner's page. We get spoiled on dogster being surrounded by responsible, knowledgeable people. We start to think ALL dog owners must be like us. One scan of that page of "responsible" idiots makes me realize that, sadly, there are far more appallingly ignorant owners than there are reasonable, well informed owners.
[notify]
Dylan aka- Dilly

frisbee- s rule

Barked: Fri Jan 11, '13 3:38pm PST 
squ`mey
sad but true, just look how many still buy chicken jerky.
[notify]
Twister

forever loved

Barked: Fri Jan 11, '13 5:42pm PST 
Finally! It took him long enough, does signing him over mean Charlie is going to a rescue?

Though now I see that same author is trying to spike another comment war...it's getting a bit old.hamster dance
[notify]
Augusta,- CGC, RN

Such a Good Dog!

Barked: Fri Jan 11, '13 6:00pm PST 
"Never in 30 years have I seen such local and international attention in a case ... " (emphasis mine)

I think that Charlie's owner chose to quote this of all the things the judge said is most telling about his motivations in dragging this out . . a two bit actor trying to get face time and money.

After seeing reports about how it was his other dog came to be euthed at Animal Control . . . repeatedly picked up for running loose, not spayed . . . they alerted him to the mass on her side the last time she was picked up and then he took her back a year later (claims on his page after spending hundreds to treat her--why didn't that vet do it?) to be PTS for a small donation.

And in one pic he posted on his site, she looks like she's pregnant or had had pups . . .. what a tool . . . .
naughty
[notify]

Barked: Fri Jan 11, '13 6:18pm PST 
Someone should do a FB page on why that dude STINKS! lol

Who is going to pay ME for my pain and suffering having to argue with a band of idiots laugh out loud This mocking a post on his FB page that the state owes poor ol Davey Doo restitution? Say whaaaaaaaaaaat?

UGH!
[notify]

Barked: Fri Jan 11, '13 6:50pm PST 
Oh, wait....

"Charlie isn't free! David violated the Federal court order and failed to sign the settlement agreement by 5 pm. Go to KGO 810. Charlie will be euthanized because of David's games."

Appparently, Davey isn't there to censor his page at the moment laugh out loud
[notify]
  (Page 16 of 19: Viewing entries 151 to 160)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19