GO!

getting a second dog.

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

(Page 6 of 6: Viewing entries 51 to 56)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  
Shiver Me- Timbers- "Charlie"

My Little Dog, a- heartbeat at my- feet.<3

Barked: Thu Dec 20, '12 9:14am PST 
A bit of growling and jealousy is pretty normal, from what I've seen. Adult dogs often feel the need to let pups know what their boundaries are, especially when it comes to being overly energetic or rambunctious with said adult dog. I found Charlie had to tell Ria off quite a few times before Ria learned how to gauge Charlie's signals and back off when needed, and he was constantly getting jealous for the first little while. Just make sure they both get plenty of one on one time and that Mika doesn't lose out on things she already had. Plenty of praise and rewards for being a tolerant, good girl and to the pup for good behavior too. And man, is she ever a little beauty! Congrats!
[notify]
Mika

blue/brown eyed- girl!

Barked: Thu Dec 20, '12 11:13am PST 
She is a little beauty thank you! I know some jealousy is normal, and we are letting Mika do her thing and show Lexus her boundaries.....but also watching closely to make sure she doesn't snap suddenly or whatever. But they are doing well together and I was expecting jealousy anyways, it's normal. It actually went a lot better then I expected, I thought Mika would be a lot more unhappy because when we are out walking she doesn't so much like all dogs coming in "her" space. The pup is catching on so fast to things, it's so nice to see. dancing
[notify]
Mika

blue/brown eyed- girl!

Barked: Sat Dec 22, '12 7:50pm PST 
Just an update, Lexus and Mika are doing very well. They have finally started to play together instead of Mika just wanting nothing really to do with her. dancing
The only thing better then one Husky is two, thats for sure! It's been great. Her training is going well also, she has had one accident in about 5 days!! way to go
She is walking on the leash very well now also, she doesn't try to bite it as much BOL and her mission is to keep up with Mika so she trots right along now instead of smelling everything on the way. So just thought I would let you all know things are going well with them and she is fitting into our family very nicely.
Hope you all are having Happy Holidays!! hug
[notify]

Seela

Beauty and the- Beast

Barked: Mon Dec 24, '12 2:04am PST 
Lexus is so pretty and what beautiful eyes. I am so glad you are able to have her home for Christmas! I haven't had any snow yet, but when I lived in Alberta, I just loved the dogs doing the face plow through the snow, digging and jumping in - I think they were trying to catch a mouse? Great name Lexus!

Happy Holidays
[notify]
Mika

blue/brown eyed- girl!

Barked: Mon Dec 24, '12 5:27am PST 
Oh I know it's hilarious when you see them do that. And thank you for the name compliment, yours is beautiful as well.
Happy Holidays to you to
[notify]
Selene

Barked: Fri Jan 18, '13 5:28am PST 
You are lucky then Lily, because that is not the normal thing for wolfdogs, especially females, they normally do not get along together. Males tend to if fixed, but even if you get females fixed they still usually do not get along.
[notify]
  (Page 6 of 6: Viewing entries 51 to 56)  
1  2  3  4  5  6