GO!

chewing up the furniture!

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Barked: Thu Dec 6, '12 3:54pm PST 
Hi! My 2 dogs have been weaned from crates and free to living area of house for work days for about last 6-8 months and generally doing well with a couple random mishaps. However, this week I come home to the sofa stuffing everywhere (luckily an old sofa I was holding off on replacing until we were safely past this phase), and pulling the cushion off of a chair that they never bothered. I'm pretty sure, the younger one is to blame (about 18 months). No big changes in routine lately. I do notice the pup seems to have noticed more over last few months how cool people are, and is much more affectionate and interactive than she used to be. Any suggestions? At this rate, I'll have to move all of the chewable furniture out of the living space or go back to the crates, which I really don't want to do. I've come home at lunch to let them out and replenish the treat stuffed toys, but that doesn't seem to matter. Thanks.
[notify]
Kali

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Thu Dec 6, '12 6:29pm PST 
I would go back to crates. Kali chewed furniture until she was around 3. unfortunately, some dogs are chewers. confused
[notify]
Sabi

When the night- closes in I will- be there

Barked: Fri Dec 7, '12 5:41am PST 
Go back to the crates. There are all manner of things in your house that can hurt your dogs if they are messing around.
[notify]

Barked: Fri Dec 7, '12 4:26pm PST 
yep, we may have to start over for a bit. Thanks for your feedback!
[notify]