GO!

Good books for reactiveness

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 23)  
1  2  3  
Poppy

Instilling fear- is cowardice; be- brave!

Barked: Sun Dec 9, '12 5:47am PST 
How do I always miss these books? I even searched up Reiki books for dogs, haha.

Thanks, Tiller. big grin I added it to my list.
[notify]
Risa- W-FDM/MF RE- RL1 CA CGC

Awesome Dog

Barked: Sun Dec 9, '12 1:11pm PST 
I have the TTouch book but never really got into implementing it with Risa. "Chill Out, Fido" by Nan Arthur is another good one if you're looking to help your dog relax. Relaxation is another great thing to teach a reactive dog as it's my experience that they tend to be the types who don't do it on their own. wink
[notify]
Tiller- (Skansen's- Ira in the M

I DO Exist...To- Drive You Batty

Barked: Sun Dec 9, '12 2:15pm PST 
I was down at Dogster Duncan's place this past week and she has a foster puppy who was on my lap. She said he's ok with being held upright, but really tenses when you try to cradle him. I tried and he did struggle. So I placed him back on my lap while continuing the conversation, applying TTouch in the meanwhile, he went into a deep relaxation and then I cradled him without any resistance, he was still in a dopey-dreamy state, completely relaxed.

Started with horses, which is how I started with it, but a cool part is you can use it on people, or even yourself. Or your cat or cow. It also is one of the few that has been well researched, from quite a few different avenues. I know you like to read and study, Poppy, so here's a list of research links also.

Really cool stuff to know way to go
[notify]

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 23)  
1  2  3