GO!

Any other dogs do this?

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Kato

Birds!

Barked: Mon Oct 29, '12 2:22pm PST 
This is a quick video I took (with my phone) of Kato and his buddy Leo (the white and liver blob by the sign).

They have met several times over the years and are great buds. They play very well together. But every time I walk by Leo's house, and he's in the yard, him and Kato get into a stare down and stalk each other. Like I said, never even a little scrap between them. And when they finally do meet, it's always a "perfect" greeting or so what I think is perfect. Polite sniff and then play time.

But why the stalking in the beginning? And Kato pretty much only does this level of stalking with Leo. Sometimes at the dog park, he'll hang back and observe, but it's not like the stare down in the video.
[notify]
Augusta,- CGC, RN

Such a Good Dog!

Barked: Wed Oct 31, '12 7:49pm PST 
Maybe it's just a game between them . . . . the anticipation of the greeting? shrug Or it's Leo's style and Kato has learned it in response?
[notify]