GO!

This makes me ill.....

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

(Page 8 of 8: Viewing entries 71 to 79)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  
Ridley

Cry cry cry!

Barked: Wed Nov 7, '12 9:39am PST 
Fortune smiled upon me today, as the field where I have been taking Ridley to train presented 3 novel scenarios to me.

First, its been training, and the field is deep, so a chunk of it was underwater. Good environmental practice. Second, first Wednesday of the month, so tornado siren tests are today, and we got lucky enough to be out when they were going off- REALLY good recall proofing!

And last, there are a couple of recycling bins next to the field, and again as luck would have it, they were picking up while I was out there too. Decided to proof down/stays, and snapped a video:

Down/Stay with Distraction

He had already been put in the down/stay when the vid starts, and he only attempts to break once when a lady drives up and starts to drop things off- bonus points for respecting my affirmation of the "down" command and holding it through all that racket! Good boy Ridley!!

(crappy phone video quality undermines just how loud that truck really was!)
[notify]
Czarka, CGC- UJJ

Why walk when- you can run?

Barked: Wed Nov 7, '12 10:42am PST 
well done, Ridley! applause
[notify]
Farley

Farlekiin the- Dragonborn

Barked: Wed Nov 7, '12 11:56am PST 
Great video of Ridley! He was alert but relaxed- very nice. applause
[notify]

Lobo

"Stubborn" dogs- don't need- corrections

Barked: Wed Nov 7, '12 5:46pm PST 
Good job, Ridley! That was beautiful! applause

And Ridley's owner, you were awesome, too!
[notify]
Sabi

When the night- closes in I will- be there

Barked: Wed Nov 7, '12 6:52pm PST 
Good job Ridleyparty
And awesome comparison.
[notify]
Tiller- (Skansen's- Ira in the M

I DO Exist...To- Drive You Batty

Barked: Wed Nov 7, '12 7:59pm PST 
Great contribution, Mulder! applause

He's growing up nice, too!
[notify]
Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Wed Nov 7, '12 8:25pm PST 
Fantastic job, Ridley. Very impressive. way to go
[notify]
Saya

I want to play!

Barked: Fri Nov 9, '12 11:28am PST 
Nice video on example of this. the bad video of fireworks I don't like it done so wrong and set for failure.

If the dog's weren't ready for it then the fire works should been set off further.

Saya and Bella aren't afraid of gun fire, fire works and trucks or tractors, but I got them used to it at a distance not right close to the person firing the gun practicing..

Where I live there is deer season so the dogs hear it in the distance plus people practicing on targets. Dad practices once in while so it's nice opportunity to work on it.. I feed their meals during it at a distance they're OK with..

I have them off leash in my yard and sometimes on the trails so I don't want them to freak out if they hear a gun in the distance or something like that.
[notify]
Jax (earned- her wings- 5/30/12)

Give me your- toy.

Barked: Fri Nov 9, '12 6:06pm PST 
Ridley, great video of a dog that trusts it's handler. That's training done right. He kept looking to you for guidance. I'd be surprised if any of the dogs (that wigged) from the first video ever trust their handlers again. cry
[notify]
  (Page 8 of 8: Viewing entries 71 to 79)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8