GO!

walking

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Barked: Mon Oct 22, '12 7:02am PST 
I have a, 5 and a half month old, old english sheepdog who is abasolutly brilliantly behaved all of the time, there is just some things while walking that i need some tips on.
Some mornings when he has alot of energy or know hes going to the beach or somewhere equally as exciting, he pulls. which isnt so much of a problem for me because i can check him pack and get him walking next to me or behind me nice and slack, but for my parents this is alot harder because their starting to ache. we have tried the face strappy thing that shuts their mouth when they pull (dogs, not my parents) but he managed to get out of it. and everything i suggest to my parents, they dont listen to , i was wondering if i could have some tips so i can show them what is the right thing to do, and we need to all be doing the same thing before our dog gets huge!! please can i have some reassurance haha thanks
[notify]