GO!

When does the bratty teenager stage start?

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2  
Moe Jr.

Barked: Wed Oct 24, '12 9:29pm PST 
Thank you all for the responses. Moe is a puppy after all and has his moments where he is a butt and likes to mess around, but I think a lot of that has to do with his goofy personality.

Off leash he 100% well behaved. At the park he is amazing, doesn't chase people. Some dogs went running by chasing their owners and Moe went toward them. I called him and he sat down then came back to me all happy, sat next to me and watched them run. I'm really hoping none of this changes haha, but that is probably too much to ask.
[notify]
Farley

Farlekiin the- Dragonborn

Barked: Thu Oct 25, '12 9:22am PST 
Farles started being a turd at 2 years old and has been ever since big laugh
[notify]
Abrams Tank- SDiT

I'm trying to- fill some BIG- paws

Barked: Fri Oct 26, '12 8:58am PST 
Tank is 9 months old and he can be a major butt at times but he is really a great boy. His brother Mojo is a super big butt and we swear he doesnt have anything resembling a brain. I get to hang with Mojo when his owner brings him over for play dates and for me to "mo pup sit" The other dog I am working with Belladonna is like Tank a big sweetie with some fear issues and some behavioral problems that I am helping her owner work through. You can see a difference between Bella when she is with her owner and when she is with me. My dogs Hailie, Tundra,Drizzit and Cheveyo all have their Bratty Teen stages. I think Drizzit is going through one now because she got out yesterday twice and just ran around wouldnt come when I called her or anything else. I finally caught her when she went to the neighbors to play with their husky. Tundra went through one about a year ago. Hailie is going through something and Cheveyo well he is just a butt most times but he minds really well.
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2