GO!

Has anyone else gone through a stage when they really don't like your dog?

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

(Page 5 of 5: Viewing entries 41 to 47)  
1  2  3  4  5  
Koby

I'm a big brat- and I don't care- :)

Barked: Thu Oct 11, '12 7:46pm PST 
Yeah, I think a sense of humor is a requirement. Otherwise, dogs like Koby would put you in the loony bin. shrug

Edited by author Thu Oct 11, '12 7:51pm PST

[notify]
ARCHMX Asher RL1X RL2X RL3X RL

we will dance in- the ring without- words

Barked: Fri Oct 12, '12 5:06am PST 
Leslie McDevitt's book, Control Unleashed, is a good place to start for impulse control.
[notify]
Koby

Barked: Fri Oct 12, '12 5:32am PST 
Thanks Asher. I'll take a look at that when I get home from work tonight. He's definitely keeping me busy. I never had a dog like him before. Once I get him under control, he's going to make an awesome dog. If he was a person, I think he would work at a circus dressed as a clown. laugh out loud
[notify]

Czarka, CGC- UJJ

Why walk when- you can run?

Barked: Fri Oct 12, '12 8:55am PST 
I'll second Ash's comment. We [still] use Control Unleashed. It's very useful... we do agility... and, by this point, objects are self-reinforcing... imagine that ball enthusiasm applied to running over, under, around and through laugh out loud Getting Charks to focus on me just enough so I have communication... can be a challenge thinking
[notify]
Koby

Barked: Tue Oct 16, '12 6:01am PST 
I found these balls called Boomer Balls on line. I'm going to get Koby one and see how it goes. If a tiger can't break it, I don't think he can. But we'll see....laugh out loud
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Tue Oct 16, '12 6:09am PST 
Keeping fingers and paws crossed about the "Boomer Balls"hugwishes Please let us know if they hold up well. Kai,too has not yet found a toy he can't destroy in a matter of minutes aside from us and Mika,and we know he takes it easy on us. Thanks & Good Luck!!!flowers
[notify]
Dunlop

Dunlop-named for- the rider not- the tyer

Barked: Tue Oct 16, '12 12:47pm PST 
I second the requesting follow up on the "Boomer Balls". Dunlop punctured another rugby ball last night and basket balls do not do well inside the house.
[notify]
  (Page 5 of 5: Viewing entries 41 to 47)  
1  2  3  4  5