GO!

Has anyone else gone through a stage when they really don't like your dog?

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

(Page 4 of 5: Viewing entries 31 to 40)  
1  2  3  4  5  
Rexy

I dig in mud- puddles!

Barked: Thu Oct 11, '12 5:42pm PST 
Koby, if there is a tack shop in your area try there for super tough horse toys. I'm sure that they make the Jolly Ball in a gianormous size and also look up Equi-Spirit Toys online.

Have you tried the Jolly Egg? Rexy has one and it's hard plastic, shaped so that it rolls erratically, and is just big enough that she can't pick it up but instead kicks it around the yard while barking.

If he loves toys that much then I'll bet that you could start teaching him some impulse control around them. If anything, I'll bet that this would exhaust him (and as a bonus, potentially make his toys last a bit longer!). smile
[notify]
Sita CGC- SD(mostly- retired)

When we seeing- the ponies?!

Barked: Thu Oct 11, '12 5:45pm PST 
They make them for horses & they seem to be a bit more sturdy. Try checking horse supply websites or local tack stores.
[notify]
Koby

I'm a big brat- and I don't care- :)

Barked: Thu Oct 11, '12 6:14pm PST 
He has a yellow jolly egg. He ate that too. So I bought him another one. shrug It has holes in it. big laugh
[notify]

Koby

Barked: Thu Oct 11, '12 6:23pm PST 
I should invent toys for dogs like Koby. He could be the durable tester. big laugh
[notify]
Koby

Barked: Thu Oct 11, '12 6:29pm PST 
Impulse control is something I do really need to work on. I just need to get rid of some of his energy first. I'm going to look for a tack shop like someone suggested. Maybe they would have the big horse toys. I did look on line for them. They are so expensive. Although, at this point it might be worth it.
[notify]
Sarah,- CW-SR,- CW-G1, CGC

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Thu Oct 11, '12 6:43pm PST 
What about a big chunk of concrete? wink Maybe a log would be easier on his teeth? smile
[notify]
Dunlop

Dunlop-named for- the rider not- the tyer

Barked: Thu Oct 11, '12 6:53pm PST 
Koby the ones they use in Zoo's are shark proof fishing floats for long line nets way to go They shouldn't be too pricey dancing
[notify]
Koby

Barked: Thu Oct 11, '12 6:57pm PST 
Sarah LOLOLOL Don't think I haven't thought about it........ It reminds me of a news story where a dog chewed the bumper off a police car. I went on line and saw the "Extra Heavy-Duty Ultimate Ball" which is made for Extreme environments from Equi Spirit. I think I would consider Koby an extreme environment. Has anyone had any experience with those? I know they are very expensive, but if it saves my sanity I might just get one as long as I know it will last more than 5 minutes.
[notify]
Koby

Barked: Thu Oct 11, '12 7:25pm PST 
Dunlop we have a lot of fisherman in our area. I should be able to find one. Thanks for the idea.
[notify]
Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Thu Oct 11, '12 7:41pm PST 
I'm sorry he bit his ball but the way you described it was so hilarious .. I'm still giggling ... laugh out loud

The shark ball might work. thinking

It's good you have a sense of humour. I think you need it. hug
[notify]
  (Page 4 of 5: Viewing entries 31 to 40)  
1  2  3  4  5