GO!

Has anyone else gone through a stage when they really don't like your dog?

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

(Page 3 of 5: Viewing entries 21 to 30)  
1  2  3  4  5  
Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Wed Oct 10, '12 6:08pm PST 
I got mine at thrift actually, BUT you can get them at sport's stores, or ebay. They are the kind you do stretchy exercises on, or sit on and bounce. They come deflated in a box and you blow them up. They are soo big! Mine is as tall as Jackson, no wonder he tried to herd it hehe.
[notify]
Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Wed Oct 10, '12 6:11pm PST 
Blind ACD playing with his enormous ball

Like this one, this is how the game is played, it's fun! (But my ball is even bigger!)

ETA: Instructional video for teaching the game

Edited by author Wed Oct 10, '12 6:26pm PST

[notify]
Koby

I'm a big brat- and I don't care- :)

Barked: Wed Oct 10, '12 6:44pm PST 
Are they easy to break? I'll have to teach him not to grab it. Thanks for the videos. I'm going to start training him for that tomorrow. Thanks so much. It's the perfect activity of him. smile
[notify]

Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Wed Oct 10, '12 7:13pm PST 
No worries, Koby.

Mine bites at his and it hasn't broken yet, they seem very hardy. Like it the video with the heeler it just seems to pop out of their mouths when they try to take a bite, ROFL!
[notify]
Sarah,- CW-SR,- CW-G1, CGC

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Wed Oct 10, '12 8:00pm PST 
Sarah likes to push around the big yoga ball. She doesn't "get" the herding aspect, but loves to just shove the ball into the wall! She grunts like the pro tennis players on TV!! HAHA! I taught her to do it by putting an upside down frisbee on the floor. I put a treat in it and then put the ball on top of the frisbee. She had to push the frisbee to get the treats. She did it once and was hooked! She has jumped on the ball with her claws and bit at it- never popped it.

And to answer your original question, yes there are ties when I don't like my dogs, or I find everything they do infuriating. I have found that usually means I am over tired or stressed out from work. A good night's sleep helps me get back on track!
[notify]
Koby

Barked: Thu Oct 11, '12 4:33pm PST 
Well, I went to Walmart today and bought a big exercise ball. I got the cheapest because I know how Koby is. It was the biggest they had # 65. He broke it in 5 minutes. confused He went completely bonkers over it. I couldn't get his attention at all. I guess i'm back to square one. shrug My mother-in-law has a golf cart. I think I'll go there and drive around with him, so he can get a really long walk and see how that goes. That might be the solution, at least that will tire him out so he can focus. thinking Actually, he does focus, but it's on the ball he broke. BOL!! smile
[notify]
Koby

Barked: Thu Oct 11, '12 4:34pm PST 
I should have known better. He chewed up his giant blue jolly ball. confused
[notify]
Squ'mey

too old to eat- any more KD

Barked: Thu Oct 11, '12 4:54pm PST 
Thanks for the updatelaugh out loud I thought those videos looked so awesome..I almost gave my big one to Squam. Darn it..it looked like tons of fun.laugh out loud
[notify]
Koby

Barked: Thu Oct 11, '12 5:03pm PST 
I know. It looks like loads of fun, and it was for 5 minutes. As soon as he saw it, he was like Tigger from Winnie The Pooh bouncing with it all over the place. He was squealing and barking at it, chasing it all over. It was bouncing everywhere. It looked like he was in a pinball machine. BOL BOL! I couldn't be mad. It was so ridiculous. The look on his face when it popped was priceless. big laugh
[notify]
Koby

Barked: Thu Oct 11, '12 5:15pm PST 
I've seen big balls in the tiger exhibits at the zoo. I wonder where they get those? thinking They probably cost a fortune. shock
[notify]
  (Page 3 of 5: Viewing entries 21 to 30)  
1  2  3  4  5