GO!

We're Making Progress!!

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Lily

Woof!

Barked: Wed Oct 3, '12 11:11am PST 
Lily used to be afraid if she got loose and would take off. She would also be afraid if we called her and would cower, crawl and go belly up and sometimes she would take off again. This was not a dog who when off leash would want to turn things into a game, she was terrified. The only way we could catch her was if she came back to the car, which thankfully she always would because the car was a safe spot for her. I've been working with her and now she likes being called and will happily come back. We've even started doing some off leash walks in the woods where we practice recall some more. She will even come back if she took off to chase a small furry critter!

happy dancehappy dancehappy dancehappy dance

Edited by author Wed Oct 3, '12 11:18am PST

[notify]
Czarka, CGC- UJJ

Why walk when- you can run?

Barked: Wed Oct 3, '12 1:12pm PST 
This is good way to go

Congrats Lily cheer
[notify]
Lily

Woof!

Barked: Wed Oct 3, '12 3:53pm PST 
Thanks Czarka!! big grinbig grin
[notify]

Joe - Now at the- Rainbow- Bridg

Barked: Thu Oct 4, '12 10:44am PST 
applause Well done, having had a dog like that who had been beaten so much I know what it takes to get them to come back to you. It took me 4 years to find the key to Joe coming back, once I had the key he was 95% reliable in 10 days.
[notify]
Lily

Woof!

Barked: Thu Oct 4, '12 11:01am PST 
Thanks Joe!! big grinbig grinbig grin
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Thu Oct 4, '12 6:35pm PST 
cheercheercheercheerway to go Lily. I'm sure you are very proud and happy and relieved as well.
We are very pleased for you and proud of Lily as wellbig hugkissing for the good girl.
[notify]
Lily

Woof!

Barked: Fri Oct 5, '12 8:46am PST 
Thanks Mika & Kai!! big grinbig grinbig grin
[notify]