GO!

Augh!! Jerks in Petsmart.

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 18)  
1  2  
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Sun Sep 30, '12 7:48pm PST 
I have had people push me out of the way in a supermarket without even having said excuse me to begin with or,I'm sorry when they have knocked me into someone else. I try to always be patient because there are people like me more and more who stop to look at labels. My husband was just diagnosed diabetic within the past year or so and I need to read labels to make sure that the things I bring home to prepare meals and any snacks are healthy for him. I am the same way with my pups,I am not going to throw just anything in my cart that may not be good for them. There is no way someone is going to miss a combined nearly 200 pounds of Akita in the isle,and a simple eccuse me will get me to move for someone or even offer to get them the product I am in the way of them grabbing,so there was no excuse for Farley having his tail stepped on except intent or plain rudeness. I'm just glad his tail is okay.hug
[notify]
Bellatrix

Crazy Ball'O Fur

Barked: Mon Oct 1, '12 1:40am PST 
When I used to bring Bella to Petsmart as a puppy, the only issues I had were with too many people coming up to try and pet/talk/guess her breed (Which no one ever got right) When I just was going in for a simple 2 minute trip to get some more care fresh for my guinea pigs cage, I got attacked with "Awwwww" "Can I pet her" "Look at how cute that Brussels griffon is!" Now a days I get none of that, and only seem to have stupid people who try and step on her tail, or let their dog on a flexi leash come over and meet her without paying attention. In that situation it's a good thing I can read body language because the dog almost attacked Bella but I pulled her away in time once I noticed. Seems people love puppies, but not adult dogs. shrug
[notify]
Rigby

Dingbat

Barked: Mon Oct 1, '12 3:45am PST 
There are rude people everywhere.

Last night I was in (the dreaded) Wal-Mart picking up something for my mother. A woman was absent mindedly pushing her cart right down the middle of the aisle, very slowly coming toward me.
I decide to get over to one side so we could pass without incident. She in turn starts veering her cart in my direction and subsequently barricades me in between the aisle, a support beam, and her cart.
No sorry, not even a realization of what she'd done. Yet a dirty look from her expressed how she felt I was in HER way.
shrug

Now I'm a relatively small person and am prone to some anxiety issues in situations like these. I kept my mouth shut aside from the muttering under my breath about how much I hate the store. But had someone been so blatantly rude and touched one of my dogs? They'd surely have heck to pay then
naughty How does someone manage to MISS that fluffy tail??
[notify]

Opheila

It ain't over- till the fat- kitty sings

Barked: Mon Oct 1, '12 9:43am PST 
Hope his tail is all better. Me? I would've done the mature thing and stomped the guys foot...eek
[notify]
Lincoln

Huge heart, big- funny clown

Barked: Mon Oct 1, '12 4:01pm PST 
Doesn't this sound like ALOT of the dog parks?shrug I am very protective of my dog as well. Whenever I take him somewhere I really pay attention to those around me. Even then--sometimes I have to scoot Lincoln out of harm's way! It's getting so I almost want to take Katie his cat, to "ride shotgun"-- I dare anyone to give HER Lincoln any "stuff" There would be blood drawn!smile She has a shorter fuse than I do!kitty In seriousness, I don't blame you and your pup giving that guy the old "what for!"dog I have seen jerks like this one was--and I always need "blood pressure" meds to cool off from the delightful encounters with them!
[notify]
LuLu "Lupin"- Padfoot

Barked: Mon Oct 1, '12 5:30pm PST 
omd Rigby, I think we feel the same about walmart. I almost have panic attacks in that store. it sucks.

I can't understand why someone would step on your poor guy like that. just sick.
[notify]
Miyu CGC

Bow down to the- Princess Brat!

Barked: Mon Oct 1, '12 6:13pm PST 
Seriously, how DOES he miss that tail? Ugh. I don't like people in general very much. Glad he's okay.
[notify]
Augusta,- CGC, RN

Such a Good Dog!

Barked: Wed Oct 3, '12 5:56am PST 
Tail Awareness! naughty What a rude clumsy oaf, did he even apologize? Sounds like Farley called him a you know what too! laugh out loud
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 18)  
1  2