GO!

Will dog pee ruin the wood on a deck

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Oscar

Barked: Sun Dec 4, '11 8:43am PST 
Im always shooing Oscar off the deck so he doesnt pee on it. My aunt said she knows people who trained their dogs to pee and poo on the deck because its easier clean up. Doesnt a dog peeing on the deck ruin it?
[notify]
Squ'mey

too old to eat- any more KD

Barked: Sun Dec 4, '11 9:34am PST 
Well, I for one, would not want to walk barefoot on said deck, nor would I enjoy relaxing with a bevvy on a hot day out therewinklaugh out loud.
I guess it would depend on the decking material, but my feeling is it is lazy owners. I'm with you..shoo the dog off the deck & take the one or two minutes it takes to pick up the poop. Let the people enjoy the decksmile
[notify]
Junior

I can run just- as fast with 3- legs

Barked: Sun Dec 4, '11 9:42am PST 
Dog pee smell is rancid on pvc fencing. Can't imagine what it would smell like seeped in wood.

I think "easier" to clean up just means they don't have to walk around the yard to pick up after the dog. Or as I would put it...being lazy.smile
[notify]