GO!

Trusted off leash... training or breed... or both?

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

(Page 10 of 10: Viewing entries 91 to 96)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  
Dasy

What's next

Barked: Sat Jun 25, '11 2:27pm PST 
I can say that I live in a pretty dog friendly area, there are tons of dogs in my little town and even more outside of it. I've only seen signs about off lead dogs in state forests and along the appalachian trail. It's not something that is enforced(as made obvious by the appalachian thru-hikers with their off lead dogs). Dispite the rural nature of where I live, there are highways and interstates weaving through the mountains and woods, and the small town feel leaves those wanting more of a city life a little crazy(a lot of people speed and end up eating trees). As I've said before, with Dasy I trust her to stay near and check in. But I dont trust the people doing 60 in a 35. shrug
[notify]

Barked: Sat Dec 8, '12 4:42am PST 
Here is some food for thought....
I have two chihuahuas....one will wander off leash and entice fights, she has a strick showdog background (I got her as an adult) The other is a puppy and will lick everyone to death walked off leash perfectly from day dot!! GO FIGURE like chalk and cheese they are! Individual peraonalities I believe plays the biggest part.
[notify]

Barked: Sat Dec 8, '12 4:45am PST 
Here is some food for thought....
I have two chihuahuas....one will wander off leash and entice fights, she has a strick showdog background (I got her as an adult) The other is a puppy and will lick everyone to death walked off leash perfectly from day dot!! GO FIGURE like chalk and cheese they are! Individual peraonalities I believe plays the biggest part.
[notify]

Squ'mey

too old to eat- any more KD

Barked: Sat Dec 8, '12 7:21am PST 
How do we know when the weekend comes? Old threads suddenly appear out of nowhere laugh out loud
[notify]
Rigby

Dingbat

Barked: Sat Dec 8, '12 7:33am PST 
Zombie thread lacks new braiiinnsss shrug
[notify]
Bunny

Black dogs rock!

Barked: Sat Dec 8, '12 7:34am PST 
Resurrected by new posterswink
[notify]
  (Page 10 of 10: Viewing entries 91 to 96)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10