GO!

Picky HUMPING ???????

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Pluto

CHEDDER- iz - beTTER

Barked: Fri May 20, '05 11:51am PST 
my dog doesnt hump me or my b/f but everytime I take him to my friends house he starts to hump her.....and only her. This is weird to me because she has a female shi stu and he doesnt hump her??? has this happened to anyone before, picky humpper
[notify]
Jamba Cope

Celebrate life!

Barked: Fri May 20, '05 3:31pm PST 
Same thing with my dog, Jamba. He only humps his bed/ pillow. Everytime we come home or wherever we bring it, that's all he does... and he's fixed.
[notify]
Snowy

A Doggie Scholar

Barked: Fri May 20, '05 3:39pm PST 
Humping is hormone thing....

But at other times, male dogs (sometimes female too) hump to show dominance. Some people even argue that majority of humping is due to dominance issue, not hormon issue.
[notify]

Snowy

A Doggie Scholar

Barked: Fri May 20, '05 3:41pm PST 
oops.. clicked submit by mistake...

Following that logic, dogs "selectively" hump, because they're picking on those who the think are weaker or submissive to them smile
[notify]
----Jordan--- --

Sweet & gentle- rabble rouser

Barked: Wed May 25, '05 4:05pm PST 
Often there isn't any rhyme or reason, no matter what's been theorized, as to why dogs 'hump' and what their selected target is. For example Jordan MUST pursue Australian shepards when they're around and there isn't any background history as to why...it simply is. He could like your friend's scent, your friend's dog's scent on her clothes, the skin lotion she uses, etc. It really isn't that serious of a matter, but I think you know that. smile
[notify]
Pluto

CHEDDER- iz - beTTER

Barked: Thu May 26, '05 10:10am PST 
hahahahahahah (omg) maybe it explaons why he humps on my friends instead of me..their weak!!!!
[notify]