GO!

Monks of New Skete?

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

(Page 10 of 10: Viewing entries 91 to 94)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  
Czarka, CGC- UJJ

Why walk when- you can run?

Barked: Wed Feb 27, '13 6:41am PST 
ROFL
[notify]
Tuck

CHIC CH. Tuck- CDX TDX RN VNEX- TDI SAR-W3

Barked: Wed Feb 27, '13 7:23am PST 
I love Monks of New Skeet. As with any books, I take from them what I can use, and other things don't apply. But I agree with them more closely than most training books. My favorite (For advanced training) is Diane Baughman;s Play training your dog.

Monks of New Skete put out a housebreaking your puppy book, that is the most comprehensive book on puppy housebreaking of any book ever written. And it's the only book I've ever read that I didn't find something I took exception to.
[notify]
Noah

Herpaderp-apotam- us

Barked: Wed Feb 27, '13 7:32pm PST 
Completely unrelated to the books but I have a German Shepherd in my puppy class who came from the Monks and she is just gorgeous! Probably a bit more than this family can handle honestly, but she's still awful cute.
[notify]

Czarka, CGC- UJJ

Why walk when- you can run?

Barked: Thu Feb 28, '13 6:44am PST 
Curious if anyone else is reading 'The Genius of Dogs' by Hare & Woods (Feb 2013)??? I'm not through it yet, but already considering how this plays into how I train.
[notify]
  (Page 10 of 10: Viewing entries 91 to 94)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10