GO!

sticking nose in water bowl

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Maya

Excited to have- a twolegger- sibling!!!

Barked: Mon Mar 2, '09 6:49pm PST 
Well, most dogs avoid sticking their faces/noses underwater. But not Maya! It's starting to get annoying because whenever I'm visiting my parents she will just stick her whole face in the water bowl, or just her nose till it hits the bottom. I cannot figure out why she's doing this! But it's starting to get frustrating because she gets water all over the floor and it's eventually going to ruin the flooring!! Any tips for me? And does anyone elses dogs do this!?! I've never had to deal with anything like this before, bol. It's like she's going fishing for something, but there's nothing in the bowl but fresh clean water!!
[notify]
Stryder

Barked: Mon Mar 2, '09 6:55pm PST 
Does she do it in all sizes of bowls? Stryder has done that in really deep bowls, dunking his whole head, but doesn't in shallower bowls.
[notify]
Maya

The Original- Huskeh Couple.- ♥

Barked: Mon Mar 2, '09 6:56pm PST 
Maybe she enjoys that feeling of water up her nose? Like when you are swimming and accidently suck some up your nose. laugh out loud

This Maya used to dig in her water bowl. Huge mess. I don't know how to stop the issue, because Maya was not my dog, but hopefully someone else can give you advice.
[notify]

Taboo Crew- Max, Bindi,- Lily &

Be the moose

Barked: Mon Mar 2, '09 7:31pm PST 
Maybe she's trying to be like Misha?

http://uk.video.yahoo.com/watch/3906407/10633552
[notify]
~Emma~ RL1

Mixed breed,- Pure heart

Barked: Mon Mar 2, '09 8:56pm PST 
Winnie the Corgi has a great water blowing video...

Winnie
[notify]
Matilda, CGC

made in Germany

Barked: Mon Mar 2, '09 10:06pm PST 
I have the same problem, its like a waterfall when she walks away from the bowl lol. i got something called the better water bowl. it has a floating thing in there that keeps them from sticking their noses in it and teaches them to drink slower. in fact after a while i was able to return to normal bowls again and its not nearly like it was. also try not to fill up the bowl so much, you just have to put more in more often
[notify]
Sunny &- Buster

We like it!

Barked: Tue Mar 3, '09 8:12am PST 
I also like to dig in my water bowl wave

Edited by author Tue Mar 3, '09 8:12am PST

[notify]
nina

little- dog big- life

Barked: Tue Mar 3, '09 10:57am PST 
hey maya.
i don't know what i am doing but i am a fussy drinker.
i have clean water always available but its only morning and evening i am suddenly without warning struck by my thirstyness and drink a big bowl of water. i leave behind the atlantic ocean as my puddle...from lapping, splashing, diving...who knows what? cloud 9
[notify]
Kahuna

Only my cover is- scary. Read my- book.

Barked: Tue Mar 3, '09 12:19pm PST 
Maybe it just feels good? That's why I keep the big dogs water outside on the porch.
[notify]
Bandit

Life is GOOD:)

Barked: Wed Mar 4, '09 9:57am PST 
Bandit does that his entire face goes in and then there goes the paws. He likes to play in the water bowls. It is a pain when we go visit my mother because she has a large water bowl for all of her dogs in her house. Bandit empties the bowl everytime he goes over there. I think he just likes it. He does it to all size bowls. His favorite toy in the summer is the kids pool full of water and playing in the water by digging and putting his face under the water.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2