GO!

Joel Silverman from Animal Planet's "GOOD DOG U"

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

(Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  
Foster

Barked: Mon Oct 13, '08 8:42am PST 
I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I am here to offer my services and answer questions you may have about dog training. I have joined a few sites recently to try to reach out and help the pet owner. I respect all training techniques, as long as the animal is healthy, happy, and learning, and have found over many years there are many ways to train a dog. I will try to keep my responses brief.

Joel Silverman
www.companionsforlife.net

Edited by author Sat Jan 3, '09 12:42pm PST

[notify]
Mr.- BoJangles

Behaving doesn't- always work for- me

Barked: Mon Oct 13, '08 8:48am PST 
wave Hi! Its nice to meet you! We would love some advice occasionally on behavior and training! I have a three year old male puggle that can be a handful sometimes wink and we are always looking for help for minor issues!

Nice to meet you and we look forward to talking with you!
[notify]
Nick, CGC, WETX

I like wet, fowl- smelling things

Barked: Mon Oct 13, '08 8:54am PST 
Welcome!!! Great to have you here!
[notify]

Foster

Barked: Mon Oct 13, '08 8:55am PST 
A Puggle!!!.. I love Puggles!!!
[notify]
Bo

Mr. Cuddly- wuddly bear..

Barked: Mon Oct 13, '08 8:58am PST 
Hi and welcome..
[notify]
Mocha Bear- (Mokie),- VGG, KPA,

CEO of Rewarding- Behaviors Dog- Training

Barked: Mon Oct 13, '08 8:58am PST 
Joel,

I have a question about an episode of the show I saw once. I've thought of this often since I saw the episode, so I welcome the opportunity to get your feedback.

My husband and I were watching the show one Saturday morning and you were instructing a client on how to use a clicker. We were both confused because it seemed as though you clicked multiple times followed by a single treat.

I've always been taught that one click = one treat. Can you tell me if you believe there is an exception to this and if so, why?

Welcome to the board, you'll find dogster B & T is a wonderful training community!
[notify]
Stella White

I'm the boss- applesauce!

Barked: Mon Oct 13, '08 9:00am PST 
Welcome! Great to have you! And perfect timing BOL! Feel free to read my post "Frenchie Issues" in this forum and give me some advice on training my female french bulldog and imporove her "social skills" big grin
[notify]
Cracker

Dog About- Rosedale

Barked: Mon Oct 13, '08 9:06am PST 
Hi Joel and Foster!

Welcome to Dogster. I am not familiar with your show but think it's great to add more professional trainers to the forums. Lots of discussion goes on here and I think it's always helpful to have several different solutions for the problems that come up with people's dogs. Your site looks great.
Foster

Barked: Mon Oct 13, '08 9:24am PST 
That guy was not me. I did the first year of the show, and he did the second year. By the way, you are not the only one that has mentioned that to me. There are many people who use a clicker scratching their heads.
[notify]
Foster

Barked: Mon Oct 13, '08 9:28am PST 
Thank you.. and remember that when I mention something that works, it's just something that works for me, and the people I have shown it to. One thing that I have learned is that there are many ways to train a behavior.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6