GO!

Does the Don Sullivan training system work?

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Charlotte (Charlie)

Barked: Fri Sep 5, '08 9:38am PST 
Does the Don Sullivan training system work? Ido not want to hear about the disclaimer, I just want to find out if anyone has tried it and if it works
[notify]
Zeppelin J.- Dogg, ESQ

My Genetic Color- Code is e/e,- b/b.

Barked: Fri Sep 5, '08 12:35pm PST 
not any better than, and probably not as well, as myriad other training philosophies that you can learn via purchasing a book at barnes and noble for $15.
[notify]
Krymxian

munch munch

Barked: Fri Dec 5, '08 9:29am PST 
its probably way too late but i still want to say, we got it for my 8 month puppy who is psycho but it calmed him down respectfullly. He still plays crazy when he is allowed, but he definately knows his limits now and respects us a lot more.
[notify]

ARCHMX Asher RL1X RL2X RL3X RL

we will dance in- the ring without- words

Barked: Fri Dec 5, '08 10:12am PST 
I guess it depends on your definition of "work".

I can see why it would, but there are far more effective and fun ways to train even the most difficult dog.
[notify]
Nallah

*Retrieva Diva!*

Barked: Fri Dec 5, '08 12:42pm PST 
There's many other better ways to spend your money. Enroll your dog into basic obedience classes for a start, before you hand your money out to a stranger.

I had a few words with the people from Don Sullivan's company and I am not at all impressed with his practices. You didn't ask to hear about the disclaimer but their response to my concern was very unprofessional and not thought out very well. I would certainly not spend a dime on him, but thats my opinion. shrug
[notify]