GO!

Zack keeps removing his collar (Sasha helps)

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Zachary Trouble

Zack Attack

Barked: Fri Aug 1, '08 11:13am PST 
Okay my Zackie got out of his collar today and he actually managed to unsnap it. I've noticed this a lot lately Zack and Sasha are playing and somehow Sasha is loosening his collar to the point he fiddles with it for a second and he opens it and he's out of it. We are getting a new collar for him but does anyone else have an escape artist, (he also knows how to open one of the dog crates we put Sasha in that one she can't figure it out and he is in one that he can't open) What would you suggest as a good collar. I thought about a leather one but Sasha would probably chew through Zacks collar. We like Sasha's collar but we had one like it for Zack and he managed to get out if it too. (With Sasha's help ofcourse) We do the 2 finger rule as long as you can get 2 fingers under it its not too tight or too loose. I guess my question is how to keep an escape artist from escaping?
[notify]
Ms. Shiba

Attitude comes- in small- packages!

Barked: Fri Aug 1, '08 12:43pm PST 
I know there are some cat collars that have buckles instead of snaps. If they make things like that for dogs, you could try one of those. Are you looking for just something to hold identification, or something to go for walks with? If you are looking for something for walks you could try a harness too - those are hard to get out of when they are put on properly! That's all I have! Hopefully someone else will have some more suggestions.
[notify]
Zachary Trouble

Zack Attack

Barked: Fri Aug 1, '08 12:45pm PST 
Identification and letting them out to potty. We use a harness for walks
[notify]