GO!

board and train

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 15)  
1  2  
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Mon Nov 19, '12 7:26am PST 
I HATE THESE OLD THREADS COMING BACK TO HAUNT US!!!! HALLOWEEN IS OVER!!
[notify]
Popple

Ready for- anything!

Barked: Mon Nov 19, '12 9:26am PST 
Just letting you know that a lot of Petcos offer CGC training. I know we offer it at mine.
[notify]
Kali earned- her wings- 10/21/14

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Mon Nov 19, '12 6:01pm PST 
I would never drop my dogs off at a training facility. That's very suspicious to me. I would want to be involved in every step of the training. confused
[notify]

MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Mon Nov 19, '12 6:53pm PST 
Popple- The trainers at our petco won't work with Akitas,even puppies.
Kali- After the results some friends of ours had after paying several thousand dollars to send their dog to a board and train facility,I will stick to training my own. Mine actually listen to me and behave very well,their dog even at nearly 16 and a lab acts like she was never trained. She will however listen to me. They are amazed. I'm not.
[notify]
Dr. Watson

Not a wiener- dawg!

Barked: Tue Nov 20, '12 1:31pm PST 
I don't have the same perspective on others, being an owner, not a trainer or training assistant. There is a very good positive training facility near here, offers private lessons as well as a 2-week positive (Rplus P neg) board and train. If I could afford it, I would consider it. I would not consider the "spamming" facility mentioned above! shock

Some of us need a bit more help than others. This doesn't mean that I wouldn't follow through. This doesn't mean I wouldn't start appropriate puppy raising or socialization, either. JMHO
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 15)  
1  2