GO!

Itching like mad!

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Patrick @- the Rainbow- Bridge

Love me more!

Barked: Wed Sep 10, '08 7:24pm PST 
It's been a hot summer in Texas and I'm itching and chewing like mad. I used to have a beautiful tail and flank hair. Now I look raggedy. So do two of my other beardie friends.

Any good remedies besides Benadryl?
[notify]
Buckley

I love to stomp- on rosemary &- lavender!

Barked: Thu Nov 13, '08 2:36pm PST 
My beardie is also itching. We live in Las Vegas where there are no fleas. I assume dry skin is the problem. Don't have a remedy but have you tried Benadryl? What is the dosage?
[notify]
Patrick @- the Rainbow- Bridge

Love me more!

Barked: Sun Nov 30, '08 6:59pm PST 
I think my vet said the Benadryl dose would be one tablet for every 20lbs. Once a day.
[notify]

Duncan

Barked: Sat Dec 12, '09 8:25pm PST 
not sure if you'll get this or if your problem has been resolved, but we found that food allergies are a big cause of behavior like this. we switched to a no corn Raw diet and had the problems vanish with no medication.
[notify]