GO!

When are beagles fully grown/when to switch to adult food?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Sofie

Bully! (bring on- the bully- sticks!)

Barked: Fri Apr 18, '08 11:10am PST 
How old are most beagles when they are fully grown? Is this the age you should switch from puppy to adult food?
[notify]
Scooter,- PAWS

Power of the Paw- for those who- need it

Barked: Thu Apr 24, '08 8:19am PST 
Hi Sophie wave I think I was 1 when I switched over. That's about the age to start...some start around 9 to 10 months though. The transition should be slow. Start with 3/4 puppy, 1/4 adult and slowly make the switch (at least 10 to 14 days) until Sophie gets all adult food.

Puppies grow fast don't they? big grin
[notify]
Scooter

Work hard; Play- harder.

Barked: Fri Apr 25, '08 11:16pm PST 
It also depends on what brand of adult food you are going to feed. Some of the higher end stuff is suitable for all life stages (except for large breed pups).
[notify]

Hallie

Shelter Beagles- need homes

Barked: Tue Jul 8, '08 7:08pm PST 
Hallie eats Tast of the wild and its for all life stages! But we will be switching after a bag or two more smile
BTW you are a little cutielaugh out loud
[notify]
Biscuit

Kill- the stuffie!-

Barked: Sat Jul 12, '08 5:30pm PST 
You guys are all cute! hug

As beagles are a smaller dog, switching them over to adult food at 1 year is great. Check with your vet around 10 months to see what they say. Some dogs mature quicker than others and can change over earlier, while some need a bit more time.
[notify]