GO!

Yappers?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Star always- in our- hearts

I wanna PLAY!!

Barked: Mon Aug 6, '07 8:15am PST 
Hello everyone! My mommy & daddy are thinking about getting me a new brother or sister & they're thinking about a Beagle. My daddy thinks they'll be yappers & bark ALL the time. So mommy's trying to see what Beagle owners have to say about the barking. How often does your Beagle bark? Let us know....we're trying to convince daddy. Thanks ~Star
[notify]
Kennedy

All-American Pup- (Canadian Mom)

Barked: Mon Aug 6, '07 10:01am PST 
I'm some kinda maybe part-beagle mutt. I bark when I want attention and when I am scared of a big dog. Sometimes I bark when i want out. that's it. It's kinda funny sounding but not all that loud. I would not say I'm a quiet dog but I'm quieter than all those little yippers.
[notify]
♥ RIP- Copper- Beagleswor

My heart belongs- to Duke.

Barked: Mon Aug 6, '07 9:45pm PST 
Star my mama has had me for almost 10 years now and she can count on one hand how many times I have barked and it was a big aroo and that was it. Trixie barks more often. Like when someone knocks at the door or if she sees a stranger on the hill. Beagles on a whole can be barkers but I am not a big barker and we have met others who are not. Make sure that if you find a beagle you like that you see how he acts. Have you thought about an older beagle? Sometimes they bark less. Sometimes now, not all the time. smile There are also citranella bark collars that can help with excessive barking. So I guess my answer is that not all beagles bark all the time so it would depend on the beagle. Hey, some people yap all the time while others don't. BOL. Good Luck. BTW Beagles are GREAT!!! Some help I was huh? smile
[notify]

Tiggles- (CGC, SILIF)- IN LOVING

Give LOVE to get- LOVE-Adopt a- Dog!

Barked: Mon Aug 6, '07 11:02pm PST 
I only bark when there is a knock on the door...or if there is another dog on my property. My sister, Tracksie, however, barks all the time! shrug
[notify]
Molly

Molly- She keeps going,- and going......

Barked: Tue Aug 7, '07 7:45am PST 
I don't hardly ever bark...only if I see something that scares me like a shadow in the dark when I'm out in the backyard at night. Then I don't really bark...I do the AAARRRROOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Molly
shhshhshh
[notify]
Buckeye

All Hail the- Rabbit King!

Barked: Thu Aug 9, '07 7:25am PST 
I bark, but only at the rabbits. My adopted pupsister, Beatrice, will bark as a way of signaling to me that there is a rabbit in the perimeter.

We soley rely on one another if we sense any kind of peculiar situation, or rabbits. I can be vocal. Since we are both hunting breeds, it's in our blood and are doing what's only natural.

Thankfully, the neighbors are understanding. Not to mention that there is another beagle that lives a few houses down!
[notify]
Star always- in our- hearts

I wanna PLAY!!

Barked: Thu Aug 9, '07 8:15am PST 
Thank you all so much for the responses. We'll pass on the info to Daddy & see what he says. It will also help that Mommy's human-niece just got a Beagle puppy. So we'll be able to see how that one acts & see if daddy likes it. Maybe that will help convince him more. smile We'll let you know. BTW, you all are absolutely adorable!

~Star
[notify]
Brandie

I love cuddling!

Barked: Fri Sep 28, '07 10:26am PST 
My beagle won't bark if she is home alone and she will bark if we are home and someone knocks at the door. And compared to my dad's two labs, she is very quiet..
[notify]
Brandie

I love cuddling!

Barked: Fri Sep 28, '07 10:27am PST 
My beagle won't bark if she is home alone and she will bark if we are home and someone knocks at the door. And compared to my dad's two labs, she is very quiet..
[notify]
♥ RIP- Copper- Beagleswor

My heart belongs- to Duke.

Barked: Sat Sep 29, '07 6:03pm PST 
We have two beagles at the shelter who came in and they are very quiet boys.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2