GO!

At what age did your Aussie have their full coat?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Cohen CD RE- ADC SGDC- FDCh CGN

The Monster

Barked: Fri Jun 25, '10 4:05pm PST 
Cohen is 10 months old and still has some soft (puppy?) fur on her sides and has grown longer, coarser, shinier hair along her spine. The undercoat amongst the puppy fur is a light grey that shows through the topcoat that makes her look dusty at times.

At what age did your Aussie have their full adult coat? What sort of weird stages did they go through? Do any other Aussies have mismatched under/topcoats?
[notify]
Gatsby

Cutie Pie

Barked: Sat Jun 26, '10 5:23am PST 
Hi there cohen- I am a month behind you-will be 9 months on Monday - Love all fo your pictures!! will be curious about answers...
[notify]
Maggie & Porter

We are serious- trouble

Barked: Wed Jun 30, '10 11:29am PST 
Maggie didn't get her final coat until she was almost 1.5. She lost all her puppy fluff around 1...but it was a long haul for the adult coat to fully come in and quit growing.

I had a foster puppy though that was fully coated around 1 though so it all depends on the dog and genetics.
[notify]

Wylie

Barked: Fri Jul 9, '10 12:07pm PST 
wow -- I just posted this same kind of question on the Yahoo wonderfulaussies group! My Wylie just turned 11 months and has exactly the same thing going on with his coat - lots of puppy fur left with black adult hairs growing in nicely along his spine.....my other guy, Shane, has a complete, full gorgeous coat and he just turned 2 years.....so, I think it may happen around 1.5 years as the previous posted said.....my bigger question has been when does the skin around the eyes blacken -- my Wylie has alot of brown in his puppy coat and the skin around his eyes is dark brown -- standing next to Shane (both black tris) - Shane is soooooo much "jet black" than Wylie......his nose is pure black, its around the eyes that is brown - does it turn to black?
[notify]