GO!

Am I a Kelpie mix?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Tango

Guy Smiley

Barked: Wed Feb 20, '13 4:36pm PST 
Check my pictures. Am I a Kelpie mix? I am 40 lbs. Smart as a whip and can go and go and go and go.
[notify]
Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Thu Mar 7, '13 3:55am PST 
Looks almost pure to me, and I'd hazard to say all kelpie. All black can have a white mismark, it is considered against standard for a solid dog to have white, but it is common in farm dogs bred only for ability.
[notify]

Barked: Sun Mar 10, '13 11:08am PST 
Totally, bench Kelpie conformation, if not exact colouration. Great looking dog, I grew up with one very similar and she was my best mate.
[notify]

Sadie

Barked: Sun May 26, '13 12:20pm PST 
I am a new member but I will chime in my two cents and say he definately looks kelpie to me too. Where in CA are you? I'm in the Palm Springs area. Is your dog neutered?
[notify]
Sadie

Barked: Sun May 26, '13 12:27pm PST 
PS- After reading his bio I am all the more convinced he is a keplie. Especially the part about being a VElcro dog. Mine always is in the same room as me unless my dad is eating. Then as soon as he's done, back to my room. She even stays on my doorway when I am asleep and other people are up watching them. I have tried shutting her out of my room (I sleep odd hrs and feel bad she's laying in the doorway head between paws wide awake and wanting so bad to be part of the action, but she just stays in the hallway right at my door. She loves my parents and will go sit by them if I am hanging out, but the second I leave that's it.
I think allthe Aussie herding breeds are similar, I have known a few AFDs who were total velcro every one. His personality all around sounds kelpie to me. How lucky are we!
[notify]