GO!

Possible Kelpie Mix?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Remington

Barked: Tue Feb 19, '13 3:30pm PST 
Hi, all! I am new to this forum. I have an account with the German Shepherd page. I was told my girl was a mix of GSD and Malamute- however, that is SO not the case!! I asked along the GSD site, and got multiple answers of "She's gotta be a kelpie mix!" So, I was just wondering if anyone here thought that? Figuring out her breed doesn't really matter to me, as I love her any way!- but it would be helpful to be able to know the background of the other breed as far as health issues and whatnot!

I don't know if you can add pictures to the post, but I just added some to my profile so you can see Remy there smile

Edited by author Tue Feb 19, '13 3:36pm PST

[notify]
Eve

Eve: aka Evil- Sidewinder

Barked: Sun Feb 24, '13 8:54pm PST 
Remington ... I'd say Kelpie in you for sure ! way to go I work at the local SPCA and a year ago Clifford was transfered to us and listed as a shepherd mix . I came home that night and scoured dogster for pics of a matching breed and found the Kelpie ... definitely Clifford . lol. after almost a yr and one failed adoption I adopted him myself last week . I hope to have a dogster page for him this week !
[notify]
Cobain ADC,- SGDC, CGN

More Bored- Collies

Barked: Tue Feb 26, '13 5:02am PST 
welcome

Maybe GSD Kelpie mix?
She seems to be pretty big for a Kelpie - to my understanding females are usually within the 35-45lbs range - though I may be wrong.

Very pretty pup!
[notify]

Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Thu Mar 7, '13 4:00am PST 
The eyes and ear set are correct, although the face shape is all shepherd. She very possibly could be a GSD kelpie mix. I see no other breeds .... Definitely no mal! Beautiful dog.

Edited by author Thu Mar 7, '13 4:05am PST

[notify]