GO!

Fighting

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Barked: Thu Feb 14, '13 12:49pm PST 
We have a one year old female ACD who we have had since she was a puppy. We also just got a female rescue ACD who is 2 years old. They have been doing great together but now they have starting fighting here and there and I am worried it might not work out. Both of them have appointments soon to be spayed and I am wondering if that might help. They seem to scuffle every few days but then for days be fine. They don't even fight over anything in specific they just get into it once and awhile and I don't like that. Any ideas on how to get them to be able to coexist in the same house or will they always fight and should we rehome the rescue?? TIA for any help you might be able to give me.
[notify]
Cooper

The most- fabulous Bug-Bug

Barked: Thu Feb 21, '13 12:33pm PST 
Have you spoken with a behaviorist? That would be my first suggestion, especially since there seems to be no overt reason for their fighting. If you've noticed that they only fight at home, then perhaps having the behaviorist observe them at home may be a better idea than going elsewhere. I wish I could offer more advice. I hope it works out.
[notify]