GO!

Bark!

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 15)  
1  2  
Kai--RIP, my- sweet boy

I must keep my- pack together!

Barked: Thu May 3, '07 1:06pm PST 
Hi everyone! My name is Kai and my mom calls me Kai Kangaroo because I love to jump around. My mom just adopted me last week. I am 7 months old and I'm crossed with a blue heeler and a german shepherd. My mom has always had rescued german shepherds but she says I'm nothing like a gsd so I must take after my daddy. I am the biggest velcro dog ever! I love to be touching her. When we walk I spin in little circles when I get excited or confused. when I'm off leash I run back and forth between my sister, Chama (a rottie x who does not really like me) and my mom. I need to be sure the pack stays together.

I like to play with soft squeaky toys, hard bones and I am learning how yummy sticks are. I have learned to retrieve too. At first I had no idea why she was throwing things and telling me to get them but now I get it. I think she wants me to act like a gsd!

My mom has a question for you: I am very jealous of the attention she gives the other dog and the kitty. Are acds normally jealous dogs? I also hate to be left alone in my crate. I cry and cry. If my mom is in the room then I'm ok but if not the whole neighborhood can hear me carrying on. I start doggie school next week. Mom says I am a little stubborn and I'm a little timid but I'm learning new things every day. Any advice for my mom on training me?
[notify]
Buela Grace

Are we going for- a car ride yet?

Barked: Sat Jun 30, '07 1:01pm PST 
I like to collect rawhides instead of tennis balls, Max chews up all the balls before either I or Corona could ever get to them. Course collecting rawhides gets bothersome because everyone else wants one! My Mama has a picture of me with three bones, one in my mouth and one under either front feet. =]
[notify]
Buela Grace

Are we going for- a car ride yet?

Barked: Sat Jun 30, '07 1:10pm PST 
Kai, stubborn is the perfect ACD puppy. As for training, and separation anxiety, it is part of being a puppy, you've gone from being in a pack with your bothers and sisters, mom and possibly dad, to just you, your mom and new sister. It's possible you're just lonely. We dogs are pack animals after all. --- Buela is a little timid in new situations too...I took her with me to work today, and for a while she hid under my feet or under shelves, but super close to mom, when possible. The best way to get her to be social is snack time. Socialization with more and more dogs and people is all D prescribes besides discipline and lots of cuddle time. We also love taking all 3 of our dogs to the dog park and letting them run themselves silly.
[notify]

Sara

..I think I can,- I think I can.

Barked: Sun Jul 15, '07 7:06am PST 
Woof Woof !!
[notify]
Errinna

Errinna "lovable- redhead"

Barked: Mon Oct 1, '07 9:33am PST 
hey all I new here and I herd my mommy everywhere she goes. I love it when my daddy sprints with me (He eats my dust)snoopy and I always get in front of him and herd him the other way.....its turn or trip over me.......wave
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 15)  
1  2