GO!

help with renting

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Sienna, NPC,- CGC

Adopt a homeless- dog

Barked: Wed Jun 1, '11 12:42pm PST 
We have to move and do not have the money to buy a place yet (hopefully soon). So we must rent for at least a year. We need some tips on getting people to rent to us because Sienna is part staffie. We have had her DNA tested and she's only 25% staffordshire but looks like a small pit bull. She's got her CGC and she's 11 years old. I mean, hardley a threat. I can get character references for her. But for a lot of people it's the insurance companies. I need ideas for how to get around this and get a place that she'll be allowed! She's the sweetest dog!
[notify]
Laika

Laikable

Barked: Tue Sep 4, '12 11:27pm PST 
Some places may allow you to buy your own insurance so that they do not have to change their policy. I believe State Farm will sell you insurance if your dog has not bitten anyone. You can also let the renters know you are willing to pay any difference in their insurance. You might also suggest a meet and greet so your sweet pup can prove herself. I went through the same thing, even signing a lease before being rejected by one building, and eventually had to move further away and to a more expensive location than I had planned on. But hang in there!
[notify]