GO!

People Aggression, Frustration?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Opheila

It ain't over- till the fat- kitty sings

Barked: Fri Jan 11, '13 9:27pm PST 
I'm thinking more of the coming months, it's too cold to walk in town, for doggie with fur shorter than a buzz cut...But really, how do you safely socialize a dog with stranger aggression? Not every stranger, if they approach him to pet him he gets happily waggy. It's more people passing by, joggers, bike riders, people waiting for the bus. With Sophie I avoid other dogs on leash, but Callie is pretty good about other dogs and doesn't even notice squirrels. But avoiding people? I'd like to work with him on this...suggestions???
[notify]
Xx Sabrina- Selene xX

The American- Bully Goddess

Barked: Mon Feb 11, '13 8:26am PST 
Can you explain a little bit more? How doe she re act when other people try to pet him? Does he launch, growl, bark, etc?
[notify]
Opheila

It ain't over- till the fat- kitty sings

Barked: Wed Feb 13, '13 4:16pm PST 
There are people who have stopped to pet him and he wags his stump happily. It's just random though with people waiting for the bus, walking across the street, maybe walking up their own stairs in front of their house. There doesn't seem to be a type of person that sets him off. The only thing I've noticed so far is skateboards. Anyone with a skateboard makes him ballistic. But he's growled and stood up pulling at seniors, couples, joggers. It seems women with strollers and young kids don't set him off. He just seems to be leery of strangers in general...but if they approach him with a smile he's fine, problem is with his appearance he doesn't get alot of smiles

Edited by author Wed Feb 13, '13 4:18pm PST

[notify]