GO!

Looking for advice

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Lola

Barked: Tue Jan 8, '13 2:13pm PST 
I am concerned about my Lola's behavior around a foster chihuahua that we have had for a few weeks. Lola is usually very sweet to the fosters and even mothers the pups when we have them. Since Skippy came about a month ago and I feel like I have to watch them all the time. Skippy barks at her and occasionally (3 times total) she goes after him. She looks and sounds like she is attacking him and it seems vicious. Skippy is shrieking and limp while it is going on until I can get Lola off him. It usually takes a couple of minutes as Lola is large and strong. Each time I was sure Skippy would have been seriously hurt but she hasn't bitten him, just slobbered all over him. It's pretty scary because it sounds like a serious attack. She definately isn't playing because she does play with him and it is entirely different. I am sure that she could have killed him any of these times if she wanted to and the fact that she hasn't even hurt him makes me feel a little better, but I don't want it to escalate and I definately don't want to trigger any dog agression instincts in my sweet Lola. Doea anyone know anything about this situation? Should I worry, keep them seperate or what?
[notify]
Lacey

Barked: Fri Jan 18, '13 11:40am PST 
I strongly recommend keeping them separated at all times. That sounds like it could get ugly fast.
[notify]
Dyno

Barked: Sun Feb 10, '13 3:43pm PST 
I also reccomend keeping them seperated, Not all pit bulls like other dogs, and people need to be willing to keep their dogs sepererated, and research the breed BEFORE getting a bully breed!
[notify]