GO!

They are Stubborn, they irritate the heck out of ya, but aren't they just the sweetest?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Otto- 2011-2013- sleep well- ange

Super cute,- super sweet,- super pit!

Barked: Fri Mar 30, '12 8:52pm PST 
This is for sharing your 'Pit Bull' [purebreds, mixed breeds, whatever you wanna qualify for a "pit" wink ] antics... things that your pooch did today that made you so mad... things that he did that made you laugh your head off... and things that he did that make you proud to call him yours.

My APBT mix, Otto, [His mom was spitting image of an APBT, but she also had some coyote in her so she was very slender naturally... she was the sole sweetest 'blockhead' dog I have EVER MET. His dad, not sure... someone told me it was fluffy, others told me it was a rott/pit mix, and someone even said it was a lab, so Im not sure] Is ultimately a clown!
He is fairly smart, but his stubbornness usually hides it. Once he learns a command, he will do it very well [especially for a t-r-e-a-t], but the road to teaching that command... it took him at least 3 months just to learn lay-down [my other dog who I used the same technique on took not even a week when he was a little puppy...]. He is not much for doing activities that would make him useful, so I have decided that if he had a profession, it would DEFINITELY be comedian! He is the goofiest dog I have ever met.... he gets into fights with himself even! He'll roll over & bark at the air like he's scared to death, then jump up and glare at the ground like he has another dog pinned... I'm pretty sure he role-plays with himself....

SO! What does the world's greatest Pit do that warms your heart? [world's greatest Pit = YOUR

Edited by author Thu Apr 5, '12 6:56pm PST

[notify]

Barked: Fri Mar 30, '12 8:55pm PST 
(oops sorry not all of it got finished) World's greatest Pit = your pit. ; )
[notify]
Keira

Mommy's Girl

Barked: Sat Mar 31, '12 1:06am PST 
Before I go into the ALL ABOUT KEIRA part of this, I have to say this. APBT's are not usually big bulky dogs. Most are rather slender, muscular, and agile looking. The bulkier looking ones are either Staffy mixed or American Bullies (NOT American Bulldogs) wink
What Keira does that warms my heart? OHHHH, how could I ever list them all? Her enthusiasm for all things-- food, love, walks, fetch, running... happy dance
Her gentle nature and love of all creatures is probably the most heart-warming thing to me. She adopted the family hamster as her baby, she nurtures our new puppies like she birthed them, and she ALWAYS gives kisses! I like this thread! More comments please! way to go
[notify]

Barked: Thu Apr 5, '12 6:55pm PST 
Keira sounds like an amazing girl! She is sooooooooo adorably beautiful too!

Otto yeah... he's more on the mix side than pit bull... his momma was spitting APBT image, and then of course his dad we know nothing about. He was the biggest pup of the litter too... I'm not kidding he was at least 1/3 larger than the others at 4 weeks old [and all of the pups were very healthy], it was crazy!

Anybody else want to share their 'Stubbornly Sweet' pit's story/personality? Would love to read more about peoples pits!
[notify]
Keira

Mommy's Girl

Barked: Mon Apr 9, '12 9:39pm PST 
Otto has a regal bearing in his pictures smile
He looks like the kind of dog who would be serious when needed, and a big clown the rest of the time! Too cute!
[notify]

Barked: Wed Apr 11, '12 10:50pm PST 
Thank you. smile He seriously is at that... I'm tellin' ya, he could make a seriously high-paying career of being a comedian/clown! But whenever he thinks that his people are in ANY danger [or if he's a little bit scared], he transforms into a big, mature, solemn dog who is ready to defend at all costs.... which is what I love about him.
[notify]