GO!

When someone asks what kind of dog you have

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 7 of 8: Viewing entries 61 to 70)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  
Koda

Judge the Deed- not the Breed

Barked: Tue Oct 30, '12 1:28pm PST 
I tell people I own a pit bull and "I have family members that have owned pit bulls. They are great dogs and in my opinion the most loyal dog you'll find. They do what you want them to do to please you whether that be a good thing or a bad thing. My dog is a very good dog."
[notify]
Miklo

Will Jump For- Treats

Barked: Thu Nov 1, '12 2:48pm PST 
I get this all the time owning 3 myself. They are of different blood-lines & since I rescue, they are just my brats, lol.
[notify]
Angel

Tuff Enuff!

Barked: Sun Nov 11, '12 2:52am PST 
I always say Angel is a Pit. When I told my cousin this, she and her husband reprimanded me because her dog looked just like mine and hers was a mix. Her dog is much taller than mine and they don't look alike at all. They don't act the same either...Angel is social, her dog is not. I'd trust Angel a heck of a lot more than I'd trust my cousin's dog, and it's due to the lack of socialization. She also told me that she would never trust a Pit bull...yet her 2 year old daughter LOVES my dog. We get the mixed reactions when we go out also, some people run away with their growling/snapping Chis while my Angel calmly lays sprawled out on the floor. laugh out loud
[notify]

Opheila

It ain't over- till the fat- kitty sings

Barked: Sat Nov 17, '12 4:22pm PST 
I've had Sophie for four years now. I used to be iffy about saying the p word. Some people get this look like you've said you have a centipede. If I'm in a situation where people will obviously be biased against us...she is a retriever shepard something something mix. For the most part though I'm proud to say she is a pit. Proud of her because she can make human and doggie friends at the park, jog off leash beside me on the trails. She has perfect recall and people will tell me what a well behaved girl she is...it means you've changed someones perception of pit bull

There is bias anyway sometimes. I used to bring Sophie daily to pick up my daughter at day camp. She would go in the classroom with me. The counselers and kids would pet her and she would sit quietly. Then one day my daughter shared that Sophie was the p word. The NEXT day a counseler pulled me aside and said they really couldn't have dogs in the building. This was after more than a month of Sophie being welcome...
[notify]
Lacey

Barked: Sun Dec 16, '12 9:50am PST 
I sometimes say pit bull, sometimes say American Pit Bull Terrier.
[notify]
Kali Neal

Kali-Bug

Barked: Thu Jan 3, '13 8:50pm PST 
I always say mine is an American Pitbull. Some people tell me i need to put her down, some give me dirty looks and some even tell me shes beautiful.

I have faith in my dog, and a bunch of love and support. She was brought up right and trained like she should be. When people tell me to put her down, i simply say, she is my best friend and my guard. She will die when it's time for her to. And that isn't now.

She is the most loving and loyal dog i've ever had except my Rottweiler that i had for over 10 years. i grew up with him until he passed a few years back. People were terrified of him, and his was terrified of cats. lol.
[notify]
Samson

Big guy

Barked: Sat Jan 12, '13 4:07pm PST 
Samson is a lab/pit mix and a rescue dog. I usually say "lab/pit mix." People that are ignorant will stay ignorant. He is a big boy (80 lbs) so people sometimes cross the street when we are walking. i have had many people say to me "I guess its all how they are treated."

Once he gets to know you, he is most likely to lick you to death. Sweet boy and a great dog. dog walk
[notify]
Boo

Hippabootamus- Lover of water- and land

Barked: Wed Feb 13, '13 6:18pm PST 
My mother is discrete, when shes had to move she has in all my 11 years made sure it was good and safe for my sister and I. As hard as it may have been she has never hidden or tried to gloss over my breed.(Kinda hard especially when you see me face to face) If the inquiring party doesnt like it she could careless, she loves me still!
[notify]
Addie CL1- CL2 CL3 CL4- OAJ

if it moves,- I'll chase it!

Barked: Wed Apr 3, '13 10:17am PST 
It highly depends on what sort of person I am talking to.. if I can tell they're a pet person I'm happy to say pit bull mix, but if I come across someone who I can tell is 'a bit weird' about that sort of thing, I say 'she's a mutt'. Some people are SO stuck in their ways they refuse to listen to anything good you have to say, its pointless to waste time and breath on them. I've had people flat out ask me if she 'has pit in her' and I will then usually tell them that her mom was a pit bull and dad was a mutt.
[notify]
Chuey

Barked: Thu May 9, '13 3:43pm PST 
I absolutely say he is a Pittie. I am proud to own him!
[notify]
  (Page 7 of 8: Viewing entries 61 to 70)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8