GO!

Ameican Bully Vs. American Pitbull.

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  
Ace

Hopeless- Optimist.

Barked: Fri Aug 7, '09 1:28pm PST 
The American bully is kinda like the labradoodle
a fake breed, one problem is these dogs are often refered to as full bred pits, even by there breeders.
The American bully is an American pitbull terrier mixed with other dogs in the bully breed family(sometimes dogs outside the bully breed), And is often in bred to cause it to have a more aggressive behavior. The dogs whole existence is to make it’s handler look “bad ” for lack of a better term. Now I’m not saying these dogs are bad I’m sure in the right hands they could be the best dogs around, but through no fault of there own they are being bred for the the large head and stocky short body, and easty westys.

Not only is this not fair for the American pit, it’s not fair to the American bully, most of these dogs don’t go to homes, with people who want them as pets, as family dogs, most of there owners want them to breed so they can have the best baddest bloodline. Others get them to look tough to impress there friends and it’s not fair to ether of the dogs.
There are more breeders of this “American Bully”
Then there are of the real pitbull.,
The video below is an American bully, and his breeder showing him off.
I don’t think a responsible breeder would be happy with this dogs behavior.
You might want to mute it
it's a little hard on the ears.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiU6LzgO-mQ&feature=player_emb edded

It seems MOST breeders of this "american Bully" don't breed for a good temperment.
The american bully is a fake pitbull.

There are a lot of health issues that this Imatation dog gets. Usually the chest is too large for the legs which causes a lot of joint problems, they also have a lot of respiratory problems.

I'm a bit tired so i hoped the above made sense.

American Bully
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg60/WICKED_COAST_BULLIEZ/ BAZERK202.jpg

American Pitbull Terrier
http://animal-world.com/dogs/Terrier-Dog-Breeds/images/RedN osedAmericanPitBullTerrierWDT_AcD110.jpg

The following is a copy and paste from Diane Jessups site
"Today's "imitation pit bull" otherwise known as "the blue whale", "short and wide", "low rider" or "American bullie". Man OR dog - If they have to try and look tough - they probably aren't...

The eternal American Pitbull bulldog: a medium dog of great strength, agility and stamina. Wiry, tough and tight. He knows who he is - no need for costume jewerly here. "

And this is from the "real Pit bull Blog"

"The American Bully fad is the result of breeders wanting bigger, beefier Pit Bulls that are meaner looking and carry a higher price tag. The American Bully breeders blatantly ignore APBT breed history and standards, breed whatever sort of 'look' best suits them (the Pocket Bully is another version of the bully style dog - what comes next is anyone's guess), and then peddle the dogs to the public. The dogs are simultaneously represented as Pit Bulls through registration with the UKC, and as a 'new breed', the American Bully, through registration with the American Bully Kennel Club (ABKC). And although the fad claims that the American Bully is just a 'cross' of AmStaff and APBT bloodlines, it seems obvious that many of these dogs are actually mixed with mastiff and bulldog breeds to create the huge heads, and short, fiddle-fronted bodies seen on many American Bullies.

American Bully breeders that we've talked to have made a lot of claims. The ironic thing is that they have ALL quickly admitted there are MANY unethical, irresponsible bully style breeders out there who are giving the 'movement' a bad name. These same breeders have all insisted they were 'different'. Still, none of these breeders were able to offer proof of health certifications from organizations like OFA or PennHip, none of their dogs had legitimate all-breed titles (from AKC, UKC, ARBA, or any other legitimate all-breed registry), and while all of these breeders registered their dogs as American Pit Bull Terriers with the UKC, it was obvious they were blatantly snubbing their noses at the UKC standard for the breed – of course, because by definition, the American Bully does NOT conform to the APBT standard. If it did, it wouldn’t be an ‘American Bully’.

But confusingly, all of these breeders seemed to think of their dogs both as APBTs *and* as this supposedly new 'breed', the American Bully. No wonder the public is confused!"
[notify]
Ace

Hopeless- Optimist.

Barked: Fri Aug 7, '09 1:45pm PST 
ughh I can't believe i spelt American wrong
[notify]
Drake

What dont kill- you only makes- you strong

Barked: Sat Aug 8, '09 10:43am PST 
Its all in the handler some American bullys are great dogs. Whats up with the idiot in the vids choice of collars loads of spikes is overkill. Drake is a bad attempt at an american bully hes doxie and pitbull cross. He has a twin here in town and the guy is claiming there pure breeds and raises them for protection dogs shrug. Most of them look like aliens or blue hippos. Sadly tho this is how alot of pitbull and pit mixes get treated. There are great owners out there that are trying to get the breed better treatment.
[notify]

Chloe

Puppy Power

Barked: Mon Aug 10, '09 4:23pm PST 
I beg to differ Ace, all the bullies I ever met were very friendly. Plus no matter way you see it, they're American Pit Bull Terriers too. I have a 6 generation pedigree for my "Bully" and I am greatly offended that you consider her on the same level as a designer breed. They're by no means on the same level so please don't put them there. Also, if a breeder is in-breeding or mixing then it will eventually show in the pups when they end up having medical problems, aggressive behavior issues, or have blue eyes or any other defect that isn't considered a breed standard. Besides, it can't be considered it's own breed unless it's recognized as one by the kennel clubs that matter such as UKC or AKC.
P.S. For example, you can go to my page and see Chloe's pics. She is very proportional and not bulky and weird looking. She goes hiking with us all the time and loves to play fetch so she's pretty energetic. Also, has a clean bill of health from our vet, so from my experience: you're pretty wrong.

Edited by author Mon Aug 10, '09 4:37pm PST

[notify]
Chloe

Puppy Power

Barked: Tue Aug 11, '09 9:02am PST 
P.S. I agree with Drake that it depends on how ANY dog is raised. You can take a German Shepard or even a small Yorkie and if you don't properly train and interact with the dog and teach it proper manners then of course it will rebellious. Another aspect to look at is that there's different types of APBT as there are different types of Poodles( standard, medium, and small) There's different types of doberman pinchers ( the regular size and the mini) although these have evolved into their own standards, they are still apart of their breed. I don't think we should look at the Bully as being some kind of monsterous breeding program but rather a new standard that could eventually become a seperate type of APBT (which doesn't happen over night). I think there's more important things to argue about such as BSL's, community education on the APBT, and everyone working together to save these animals from a society that wants them all dead. Why don't we talk about that because those are the issues that matter most!
[notify]
Ace

Hopeless- Optimist.

Barked: Tue Aug 11, '09 6:31pm PST 
I wasn't trying to say they were bad dogs.
What i was trying to get at was a lot of people breed them for bad purposes, just like the pitbull.
[notify]
Ace

Hopeless- Optimist.

Barked: Tue Aug 11, '09 6:33pm PST 
But i do think they are mutts they are too short and too built to be considered an american pitbull.
They do not fit in the breed standards, a lot of breeders will admit that. A pitbull shouldn't move like this or be built like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-WcfuOBizc&feature=player_embe dded
Sorry if i Offended you but i'm offended that you'd consider that a pitbull, it's a mutt.

And just about ALL american bullys are cross bred with other breeds besides pitbulls, and amstaffs.

also Chloe doesn't look like an american bully.

Edited by author Tue Aug 11, '09 6:40pm PST

[notify]
Chloe

Puppy Power

Barked: Wed Aug 12, '09 9:17am PST 
Thanks Ace but UKC standards Ok's a bulkier APBT as long as it isn't overly done or not proportional. Of course there are those "Bullies" out there that are not proportional and since it's a farily new type of breeding program (my guess no more than 30-40 years according to some breeders), it's easy for people who don't know about the breed to try to breed to have a bad ass dog. The reality is that APBT are not bad ass dogs. They're not suppose to be mean towards humans because if they are then something is definitely wrong with the dog. That's why we all need to band together and educate and learn from one another in order to better the breed. There's too much hostility out there towards APBT because of ignorance. Many people who meet Chloe are amazed that she is a APBT because her temperament is so good and even though she gets excited to meet new people and dogs, she is calm and doesn't jump all over people and scare them.
[notify]
Ace

Hopeless- Optimist.

Barked: Wed Aug 12, '09 10:09am PST 
I know the american pitbull isnt a bad dog, i own one, i guess i didn't get my point across, i was trying to say that they are being bred by a lot of people to look that way.
American Bullies are not only bulkier but about the hieght of an english bulldog. No not ALL are but the top american Bully breeders are EX:elite razors edge line and the Wicked Coast Bullies.
You can't put 100 lbs on a 14 inch frame and call it a pitbull.

They look similar but the hieght difference and movement is too different for them to be considered the same breed.

There is no bad breed of dog i know that.
But the american bullie, wasn't bred for any real reason besides looks.

Edited by author Wed Aug 12, '09 10:14am PST

[notify]
Ace

Hopeless- Optimist.

Barked: Thu Aug 13, '09 7:19pm PST 
I like this american bullie
it's like the miniture pincher of pitbulls
http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/108/l_05dbd806 2121483d84cb1d541fb45c23.jpg
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4