GO!

Over protective and aggressive

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Skylee

Barked: Tue Mar 25, '08 7:27pm PST 
I have a 2 yr old eskimo female and she is very
protective over my self and my husband can
not get near him and when he gets up to leave for work or bed she goes into an aggressive mood and it gets scary. What can I do to help this situation?

Help Help Skylee
[notify]
Pyper

don't call me- white

Barked: Tue Apr 8, '08 2:09pm PST 
You need to work dilligently in some training with your dog, even a behaviorist if necessary. I'm not sure if her behavior is too late for something like NILF, but don't let her be the boss of your house, this only reinforces bad behavior. If possible, I would probably recommend a behaviorist!
[notify]
Titus

tidy whitey

Barked: Sun Jul 20, '08 5:37am PST 
You should always show her that you are the boss.
[notify]

Leia Cole

Princess Leia

Barked: Sun Jul 20, '08 10:32pm PST 
paying someone like a behaviorist or trainer is smart but if you don't want to pay someone just turn on your tv to the ANIMAL PLANET and there is a good show that i like to watch called It's Me or the Dog and the trainer Victoria shows many ways to make your dog behave and put you back in charge. I watch it everyday and work with my Eskie a lot, and we are both benifiting.
[notify]
Pupper Doo

dingle berries

Barked: Sun Jan 4, '09 12:11am PST 
my eskie does the exact same thing. my best friends son is 2 years old and my dog adores him. if you even try to kiss the baby he gets mad and even tries to bite you. he also does not like if you hit someone, he will attack you. my brothers think its a fun little game to "beat each other up" and see who pup will attack first. we've been trying to train him for a year now, but i think maybe its just the breed... just so you know you aren't alone in this!
[notify]