GO!

Amer. Bulldog weight?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Dakota

I am definitley- happy go lucky

Barked: Fri Nov 21, '08 9:13pm PST 
I need some help. Me and my firend both own american bulldogs. My boy has been 50 lbs for a while now and is almost 10 months old and his female is about 4-5mnths old and only weighs 37lbs. the vet is telling him that his pup is not a purebred even though that is what we were told when we got her. can someone please give me some advice on their growth habits cause I thought my boy was going to be much bigger then he actually is too. I love him but I was thinking 100 to 125 full grown but it seems he has bottomed out.
[notify]
Rexor

Chainsawasaurus- Rex

Barked: Tue Dec 9, '08 11:04am PST 
There are a couple of different lines of AB's. The "bully" and the "standard". Bullies get larger, 125lb adult male is common, and have the typical smushed bully face and extra bowed front legs. Standards can be much samller, 50-60lbs adult male ,and have the longer muzzle. My breeder friend has much useful information on his website. Check it out docdawgs.com
[notify]
In Loving- Memory of- Chance

The dog who- didn't stand a- chance

Barked: Fri Dec 19, '08 10:22pm PST 
He doesn't sound like he's gonna be very big. thinking

I've seen some smaller American bulldogs. But, I don't see it too often.

I think the standard is something between 80 or 90 to 110 or 120? Something like that?

But, I've heard of American bulldogs being a bit smaller. So, it is possible that the dog is purebred.
[notify]

Zeus

Barked: Sun Dec 28, '08 6:36pm PST 
My American bulldog is 95 lbs. He's pretty stout. He is very, very, very strong
[notify]
Travis

Sleeping Soundly- -unless its time- to eat

Barked: Tue Jan 13, '09 6:23pm PST 
i know this is a little late...but I weigh 100lbs.
[notify]
Moe

Moe - "Moe Knows"

Barked: Mon Jan 19, '09 5:55am PST 
Just got weighed yesterday. 10 weeks and I weigh 16 lbs. The Scott line is smaller and more athletic than the Johnson line (which is my line). Your dog could be mixed, or it could be a Scott, or it could be out of a growth spurt. Dogs are like humans, they grow in spurts. Dogs grow for 1.5 to 2 years. He still has a while to go. smile

I know this is old, but maybe it will help someone that wants to know later.

Edited by author Mon Jan 19, '09 6:00am PST

[notify]
Tyson

Barked: Sat Feb 14, '09 3:34pm PST 
I wouldn't worry about it too much. My male was around 90lbs until the age of 15 months, then all of a sudden he hit a massive growth spurt. In the following 6 months he put on another 30 lbs. Now he's 5 yrs old and right around 132lbs. So just keep feeding him and exercising him and he'll grow into his potential.
[notify]
Mya

Barked: Tue Mar 17, '09 6:09am PST 
There are a few different types of American Bulldogs. Some are smaller than others. I have a Johnson American Bulldog, which are usually the bigger of the American Bulldogs. My puppies father was 130 pounds and her mother was 110 pounds. Look up the other breeds of American Bulldogs...
[notify]
Stupee

My LOVE, my- protector, my- buddy

Barked: Tue Mar 17, '09 9:17am PST 
Stupee was 75 lbs.
[notify]
Napoleon

I farted

Barked: Thu Apr 16, '09 2:22pm PST 
Mine's a mix with smaller bull breeds (amstaff, APBT) and weighs 80 lbs.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2