GO!

Klee Kai coat color question

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Barked: Fri May 17, '13 4:29pm PST 
Hey guys, my girlfriend and I are looking for a Klee Kai and we found one that is described as having an "rare agouti coat". My question is, can anybody explain what this looks like on a Klee Kai? I found out that a husky can get this color, but I've never heard or seen any pictures of a Klee Kai with it.
[notify]
Misha- (R.I.P.- 4/29/13)

Play or hide?! I- dunno... @_@

Barked: Mon May 27, '13 11:43am PST 
Ask for pictures of the pup, and possibly of the parents? I've never seen any breeders with klee kai that color. :o Just the black/white, grey/white, red/white, and pure white. Make sure you ask lots and lots of questions.
Unfortunately, my first thought is that if you found the pup on the internet, it may not be purebred even if the breeder is listing it as Alaskan Klee Kai and pricing it as such. I'm not saying you gotta interrogate them, just make sure you know what you're buying. Ask if their puppies are registered and whatnot.
[notify]