GO!

New Dog Owner Looking for Info on the AKK

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Barked: Sun Mar 24, '13 7:40pm PST 
Hello everyone, I'm looking to adopt my first dog, and I've been interested in the AKK ever since I read an article in Dog Fancy on the breed. Though this dog will be the first I've owned, I have been around animals all my life, including birds, horses, hamsters, cats, dogs, etc. This summer (which is when I plan to adopt, I plan on staying home so I will be with the dog constantly and be able to exercise it. I also have a fenced in yeard. I was just wondering how friendly the breed is, as I am definitely looking for a companion, and also how difficult it is to maintain and care for. Please give me all the details you can. Thanks!
[notify]