GO!

When do Akita puppy ears stand upright?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Brandy

Barked: Wed Apr 20, '11 2:20pm PST 
Dsuoes anyone know how old Akita puppies usually are before their ears begin to stand upright?
[notify]
Kai

Still even more- to learn.

Barked: Sat Apr 23, '11 11:06pm PST 
Hi,
The answer to your question is they begin to stand up usually between 10-14 weeks but they still may be a little loose or floppy feeling until around 20 weeks. I am posting with my Kai's photo because you can see the progression from about 48hrs. old to the 20-24 week period on his page by clicking his photo. They may also not both come up at exactly the same time. Kai's left came up first and started firmimg up from the bottom a little sooner than the right. They also take some time to grow into their ears. If you have any other questions please feel free to p-mail me. I have 15yrs. experience with the breed and am always willing to help out people new to the breed.
Mika,Kai&Pam
[notify]

Barked: Sat May 19, '12 6:57pm PST 
hellow.i have akita with rotvailer its mix :/ its 4months but the ears its down maybe its stund up and down again i want stun up the ears what can i do plz help me!
[notify]

MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Mon May 21, '12 5:50am PST 
If your pup is mixed with a breed of dog with ears that do not stand it is unlikely to have ears that will stand. At this point there is nothing that can be done. The ears standing up are not an important issue,the fact that you have a healthy,happy puppy that fits your home and lifestyle are what matters. Good Luck to both of you.wishes
[notify]

Barked: Sat Oct 13, '12 11:16pm PST 
my dogs stood up at 3 months usually not till 6 months for some. if its a mix no way to tell
[notify]