GO!

My small Akita

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Sakura

small -but a- feisty wrestler!

Barked: Fri Aug 7, '09 8:42pm PST 
Hi - My six month old puppy, Sakura, seems small for an Akita. My other one who is now two was a lot bigger at this age. I don't mind if she's small, just wondering if anyone can make a guess at her full size at maturity. At six months she is only 37 pounds. Her coat is different too, it's smoother instead of kind of dense and fluffy.
[notify]
Mika

As long as they- think they're- the boss

Barked: Sat Aug 8, '09 7:07am PST 
I wouldn't be concerned my Mika was 25lbs. at 10 weeks but seemed to grow pretty slowly at 2yrs. she is 24 " at the shoulder which is standard height but only 70lbs. She also seems to have shorter hair than I've seen on other akitas yet I have also seen quite a few others like her.She has been declared perfectly healthy,well proportioned and absolutely beautiful by our vet and as long as she's healthy I don't see a problem with your girl.By the way she's beautiful ,too.
[notify]