GO!

24-7 Attention Needer

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Cairo

Cairo - It's all about- me!!!!

Barked: Thu Jun 11, '09 3:46pm PST 
snoopyHelp...my little bundle of joy needs more attention than I can give him. I know Afghans are extreme in this need, but there must be some special toy or activity that I can give him maybe. If I dont play with him he will just sit in a corner with those sad eyes of his. All the toys I've given him he will usually only play with if I play with him. And since when doesn't a dog love to be outside. He will only stay out about 3-5 minutes unless I am outside playing with him. Normally I would get him another dog for a companion but I care for my mother and seeing as Cairo is already such a big dog and will only get bigger, it would be just too hard to have 2 dogs with her in a wheelchair. Can any give me some ideas? PLEASE! I love him to much so I give into him a lot and play to where I'm not getting my work done.
[notify]
Greta Garbo

Patron Saint of- Escape Artists

Barked: Tue Apr 10, '12 3:31am PST 
Afghan puppies are a challenge. After a year or two they mellow out and adapt to your ways. It is worth it. They are a difficult breed: stubborn, independent, serious, silly, sneaky, thieving, etc., but I would never have any other. Other breeds are dogs, but only Afghans are Afghans.
[notify]