GO!

Lilly's story- From sadness to love

This is a special section for dogs needing new homes and for inspiring stories of dogs that have found their furever home through Dogster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of dog! If you are posting about a dog that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Dogster's dog adoption center!

(Page 1 of 7: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  
Lilly

Lilly- " I swear I- didn't fart!"

Barked: Wed Jan 2, '08 11:09am PST 
Hello everyone, my name is Lilly and I would like to share my story of going from extreme abuse to a warm and loving home. When I was a puppy a family that I thought was really cool came and bought me. I was so excited they seemed great when talking to my breeder and they had kids for me to play with. How wrong could I be. When I got to their house my family had 4 other big dogs that were big bullies. To make matters worse my family laughed when the dogs beat me up, They said "it would make me tough". All us dogs rarely got fed and when we did the other dogs chased me away till they got their fill since I was only a puppy. Because I didn't understand that I wasn't supposed to use the bathroom in the house my family would beat me. At the time I didn't understand why. Well after two years they was evicted from their home so they packed up took the other dogs and left me in the backyard to starve. Thankfully the Landlord came about 2 weeks later and found me. He handed me over to a lady the he knew that did rescue work. That kind lady said that I was the worst looking dog that she ever laid hands on. Then you will never believe what unbelievable thing that happened next. The next day by chance the rescue lady ran into a lady at a pet store who had a boxer puppy. The rescue lady shared my story and the other lady cried and begged to give me a forever home. Two hours later I met her and it was love at first site. She took me home right then. Well I shouldn't say we went straight home, on the way to moms house she called her vet and begged him to see me so I would have the best chance to survive. After looking at me the vet said that it was clear that at one point my front leg was broken and thankfully it healed straight. The vet also said i was 30 lbs under weigh and wormy. After a fixing me up I went home. Oh and what a home it is. When I got there the kids came up and hugged me. My doggy brothers came up and said hello and they wasn't mean at all. They wanted to start playing. Soon after it was food time and i kept back because I had never gotten to eat with everyone else. My mom looked at me and smiled and to my amasement told me there was a bowl just for me and can you believe it that even to this day there is always food in it. Mom and dad never hit me even when I have an accident. Mom knows I am scared to stay at home so I get to go everywhere with her. My mom said that when she got me that everyone was basically grossed out when looking at me because I looked like I was on deaths door. But look at me know, mom says i am a gorgeous sexy gal.
I am telling my story so that everyone who sees a dog (boxer or other breed) even though we may not look very good when you go to a rescue or shelter- please give us a chance with a lot of love and groceries we can be part of your forever family.
Lilly XOXO
[notify]
~Sophie~

I also answer to- 'Pretty Girl'

Barked: Wed Jan 2, '08 1:29pm PST 
Hi Lilly! wave What a beautiful girl you are! Your story made Mom's eyes all teary and I am so glad you have your happy ending. You deserve it!

I just came to my furever home a few weeks ago. I spent my first four years in a puppy mill. frown It was a sad place, and I still cower a little when new people try and pet me, and when I hear a loud noise, I go running. Mom doesn't want to think what I may have been through. cry But, it does not matter anymore. You and I have both found our furever families! snoopy
[notify]
Lilly

Barked: Wed Jan 2, '08 1:40pm PST 
I am very happy to know that you have found your forever home. You might still be a little scared but don't worry one day you'll wake up and you'll forget that you used to be scared. Mom said that when she first got me I would pee when I heard something strange. Now my favorite thing to do is to go for car rides and meet all different kinds of animals and people. Congrats on having a loving forever home. And as mom always say may love shine on you each and every day.
[notify]

Cindy (RIP)

I'm in my happy- place

Barked: Wed Jan 2, '08 2:27pm PST 
Lilly, I just love to hear of pups getting wonderful furever homes, like I got!
People used to yell at me and be mean to me when I wouldn't work the cows. One guy got so mad, he was gonna shoot me.
Now I get to watch kitties all day long.
So happy for you!snoopysnoopysnoopysnoopy
[notify]
Lilly

Barked: Wed Jan 2, '08 2:56pm PST 
OMG how could someone want to shoot a dog. You are a very lovely gal Cindy. Thank goodness you found a forever loving home.
[notify]
Grace

Daddys- Princess

Barked: Wed Jan 2, '08 3:03pm PST 
snoopysnoopy I love happy endings
[notify]
Beta

What...What?

Barked: Wed Jan 2, '08 8:22pm PST 
Lilly you beautiful lady of a gal meet Beethoven. He didn't have it as rough as you, he just had to go hungry and be crated all the time, but he got determined about his fate and chased dad's car home and found his furever home too!

He knows just how special you were born to be, and you having a furever home is just what you should always have.

Your family is very special and just as lucky to have you!
[notify]
Trixie Bean!

none so blind as- those that will- not see

Barked: Wed Jan 2, '08 8:48pm PST 
hug Lilly im glad you found a good forever home hug

You are gorgeous!!

Leo was a rescue dog. The people at the Dogs home had rescued him from a house with Emerald, a cat (who is still alive). The woman who him and Emmie lived with decided that she wanted to go on holiday for two weeks. She realised how much money it would cost to get somebody to look after Leo and Emmie, so she just left them in the flat. The only thing that kept them alive was being able to drink out of the toilet.

Thankfully, somebody heard Leo barking, and alerted the Dogs Home. When they were rescued, both were underweight and had lost muscle mass in their legs. Both were full of fleas, and Leo had an untreated skin condition, which left him with hardly any fur. He only had fur around his neck and at the end of his tail (hence the name... Leo...the lion). It was obvious that they had been badly treated for a long time.

My grandma and Grandpa saw Emmie and Leo in the news paper... There was an article about them. My grandma said " If we get a dog, it has to be him" (my grandpa had been wanting a dog for ages, but my grandma thought she didnt like them laugh out loud). So, they went to visit Leo and Emmie in the Dogs Home, taking me along with them. We visted him about 15 times before they were allowed to take him home. We only had him for 10 months, but we made sure those 10 months were happy for him. In the end, he had to be put to sleep because of all the problems he had (He had lost the use of his back legs, had cancer, was going blind, had arthritis, stomach problems). That was years ago, but i still miss my baby.

I didn't mean to tell his story in such detail... But once i got started, i couldnt stop.
[notify]
Lilly

Barked: Thu Jan 3, '08 8:36am PST 
I love hearing stories of any animal being taken out of hardship and into a happy life of love. And I hope all the stories will help someone to decide help a rescue dog even an abused and/or neglected dog (or any other animal) deserves a chance.
[notify]
The Ragsdogs2

Barked: Thu Jan 3, '08 8:52am PST 
You have a truly touching story Lilly - we're so glad you found such a wonderful forever home. You definitely deserve it after all you went through!
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 7: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7