Close X


A New Beginning

So Much To Tell!

August 14th 2012 12:35 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]

Mom is behind on my diary again. This time she has a very good reason which I will explain once I catch you up on everything.

A week ago Saturday I went to a Meet and Greet. It was at Especially For Pets in Sudbury. I hadn't been on a Meet and Greet for awhile so it was fun. Mom, dad and I were all alone for the first half. I met a new greyhound friend named Jaguar. He was an older boy but very handsome and in good shape. We hit it off. Later Troy and his mom joined us. It was good seeing Troy. He is such a good friend.

This past Saturday we all went to visit Grampy in NH. It was Old Home Weekend in Grampy's town. We were also there to celebrate Grampy's birthday too. Before going to Grampy's we stopped at the pet store where mom used to work. She didn't see anyone there she knew but that was OK. I got a huge cookie on a rawhide stick. Mom and dad also stopped for lunch at a new cafe in a town called Exeter, NH. It is not far from where Grampy lives. The Cafe is called The Good Karma Cafe. They had outdoor seating so I could join mom and dad for lunch. It was a nice day but not too hot. The patio area was very nice. The waitress brought me a huge bowl of water and mom gave me my cookie. I didn't eat it though. It was a new place and I didn't feel comfortable eating. I did make friends with the people at the next table though. I kept asking for petting and scratches. Mom said I was being a pest but they didn't seem to mind. Grampy was happy to see us. I got to run in his yard. I also ate my cookie on Grampy's rug and made a mess. Daddy had to vacuum it. Mom and dad didn't take me to the festivities in town this year. First it was very hot out by this time and second, I was very stressed last year. Instead I stayed and kept Grampy company. Mom and dad weren't gone long. Later the humans went out to dinner. I had to stay home this time. That was OK. I had a nice visit

Sunday was a strange day. We left a little before 10:00AM and daddy drove us around in the car. We didn't actually go anywhere much. We did go to a store and daddy ran in to get food and we did make it to the pet store. After that daddy kept driving by our house but we couldn't go inside. There were a lot of cars parked in our driveway. I didn't understand why we kept driving by. Finally we went to another farm stand and daddy got corn. Even after that we couldn't go home yet. Finally we did. We drove around for two hours! I knew some people had been to our house because I could smell them. I didn't know them. Mom and dad left my harness on me and took a quick shower. Then we were back in the car again! This time we went to Greyhound Friends! They were having a party for all the volunteers. I made myself right at home on the dog beds and made my rounds saying "Hello" to everyone. I knew most of the humans there. My friend Fast was there too. It was good to see him again. Later that night Daddy got a phone call. The people who had been in the house made an offer to buy it! The offer was too low so mom and dad did something called a counter offer. Anyway, today I learned that our house has been sold! We are under contract now and the closing will be in September. Mom is very excited. That is why she is behind on my diary. When we move to the new house I will have a huge fenced in back yard that I will be able to run in anytime I want! I am excited too!!!!


Leave a Comment

Enter your comment information or log in if you have an account.

Fields marked with * are required

Anti-spam Challenge:
7 + 9 =




Family Pets



(What does RSS do?)