February 17th 2012 9:02 pm
[ View A Comments (13) ]
Today I decided to snoop in momma purse to see if there was anything interesting in it. I figured she always takes it with her when she leaves so surely there must be something valuable or eatable in it. This is what I found:
1 EZ Quilting case that has two needles, a thread guide and one safety pin, but no sewing thread.
1 comb which momma apparently has an aversion to using since her hair is usually a mess.
1 high power bear whistle – I don’t know why momma wants to call a bear.
1 empty package of hearing aid batteries – I hope momma doesn’t need a battery soon.
1 roll of plastic poop bags – I thought all humans went potty sitting on the white throne.
1 bottle of Gummie D-3 vitamins that looked pretty yummy to me.
1 large green Christmas tree bulb – I have no explanation for this.
4 single sterile Thera tears Lubricant Eye drops
1 bottle of Soothe XP eye drops
1 bottle of Aleve
1 container of Oral-B dental floss
1 tube of Neosporin + Pain ointment
6 individual wrapped Pepto Bismo tablets
2 nail files
1 container of Aveeno Intense Relief hand cream
1 container of Hagen diarrhea aid for dogs
5 ink pens
1 flea comb
1 tape measure
1 check book
1 coin purse
2 strips of frabic
All of this but not one dog treat or stuffie!!!!
February 14th 2012 10:04 pm
[ View A Comments (11) ]
It has been quite a day and night at my house. Arleenton, my bunny sister has been spending a lot of time in the small crate in our house because it has been cold outside and she being old has lost a lot of weight thus she is unable to keep warm in colder weather. Momma lets her stay in as long as possible but when the sun is out she lets her go back outside to hop on the hill and sit in the sun for a bit. After a bit, momma will again go get Arleenton and put her back in the crate where she is safe and warm.
Today, Arleenton didn't want to get off the hill so after waiting for well over one hour for our silly bunny sister to come back down, momma let Coco and I out and I herded her off the hill for momma. I didn't chase her or nothing all I did was go up on the hill and suggest she go back into her yard - BOL, BOL
And then tonight when I asked momma if I could go outside to do my business, I saw something at the bottom of our hill and went running out to it. I cautiously eased towards it and it started showing it's teeth and edging towards me. Momma saw what was going on and called to me to come back and I did. I asked momma what the stranger was and she said it was a possum. Now momma is afraid to let Coco and me go out in our back yard.
February 9th 2012 11:11 pm
[ View A Comments (11) ]
My pal Misty Misty's page page put together this little list of 20 questions: Here are my answers to her questions and if any other pup wants to do their own version of the answers we'll probably all learn some fun stuff about all of our fur friends.
1. WHAT COLOR COLLAR ARE YOU WEARING? – None - I'm naked - BOL, BOL
2. DOES YOUR LEASH MATCH YOUR COLLAR? – Nope - should it?
3. WHAT’S WORSE? An EVIL NEMESIS SQUIRREL bouncing around in the trees or across the fence, a Crow strutting around in your yard or Neighbor People outside talking? – I don't like any type of noise so if someone is on the other side of the fence I bark my cute head off.
4. SO YOU HAVE A FAVORITE SNACK? – I'm very picky about my snacks. I love the Free Range beef liver with chicken strips wrapped around them but they are no longer purchased because they are made in China as are the duck strips that I really enjoyed. Momma is still working on finding something that I will accept since the China boycott has been implemented.
5. WHERE WAS YOUR LAST CAR RIDE? – I went to the dreaded vet's office.
6. DO YOU STICK YOUR HEAD OUT THE WINDOW ON CAR RIDES? – No - I ride on the front passenger seat and momma won't lower the window for me.
7. DO YOU HAVE A FAVORITE TOY? I love all of my stuffies.
8. DO YOU HAVE A BOYFURIEND OR GIRLFURIEND? No, I'm in love with Coco Rose - now don't crinkle up your nose as we are adopted you know so it is perfectly fine. I'd follow her to the end of the earth if I had to.
9. DO YOU HAVE A FAVORITE WALK? I go for stroller rides not walks and I love them. I enjoy going anyplace as long as it isn't the vet's office.
10. DO YOU GO TO DOG PARKS? I have never gone to a dog park in the three years that I have lived here. Momma says she can't trust me around other dogs or humans so she makes sure I am never in a situation where I might bite someone.
11. WHERE DO YOU SLEEP AT NIGHT? There is a continual battle between momma and I on where is the best place for me to sleep. I want to be right next to momma but she has sleeping problems and says I hog up the bed. Lately I have had to sleep by myself in the dog bed right next to her bed.
12. DO YOU SNORE? No thank goodness because momma and Coco Rose does enought for the whole family - BOL, BOL
13. DO YOU SLEEP UNDER THE COVERS? I haven't for a while. I did all the time when I was almost bald because I was cold, but now that my coat is full and pretty again I don't need to.
14. DO YOU HAVE TO WEAR CLOTHES? I'll do anything for my momma and that includes wearing clothes. I must say I look darn good in my threads too!!!
15. ARE YOU THE FAVORITE DOG? I think I am but momma says there are no favories in the family - yeah, right - BOL, BOL
16. WHERE IS YOUR FAVORITE SPOT TO SLEEP IN THE HOUSE? On the big bed.
17. WHAT’S THE BEST HUMAN FOOD YOU’VE EVER BEEN FED? I love Honey baked ham - I wish I had some right now.
18. DO YOU GO TO A DOG GROOMER? Yes, but not as offen as Coco has to. Most of the time momma grooms me and it hasn't always been to my advantage if you ask me because she has given me some really awful hair cuts.
19. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF BATHS? They're not my favorite thing but I don't fight them either. About the only thing I really hate is the liquid that is put in my ears afterward to make sure there is no water in them - I HATE that stuff.
20. WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN YOU ARE BORED? I'm never bored because I have lots of stuffies to play with and Coco Rose is always wanting to play with me too. I'm actually lucky when I can find time to take a moment to nap - BOL, BOL
January 22nd 2012 7:51 am
[ View A Comments (10) ]
Hi pals, I have an extra special request to ask of all of you…
My pal Buttercup Buttercup’s Page has a very sick human niece in her family right now. Marielle is 8 years old and is going through all kinds of nasty, but very necessary treatments for acute lymphatic leukemia. She is 8 years old and the treatments are not only hard on her but also causing her hair to fall out.
I thought it would be nice if Marielle and her human brother Hudson, who is six, would receive some Valentine’s Day cards to help take her mind off of her illness, loosing her hair and to cheer her up (Hudson is included so he won’t feel left out).
If anyone would like to send her and her brother some cards, please paw mail me and I will give you her address (I have Buttercup’s permission to do this).
Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
January 21st 2012 7:37 pm
[ View A Comments (19) ]
Today my Office Assistant did a terrible thing, she had two different paw mails and when she responded, she got the messages mixed up, thus she called them each by the other’s name. As soon as she sent both messages she got to thinking about what she had done and checked the sent mail box and verified she had messed up.
I can only hope that all of my pals have better office assistants than I do, but since I am a momma’s boy, there is no way I can fire momma.
That leads me to my thought…
Has anyone else besides my momma messed up in this manner? If so, what did you do to correct the mistake? Momma sent paw mails to each pal saying she was sorry she messed up but wouldn’t it be nice if she could have retrieved the messages without having to confess she is loosing her mind?
Since Dogster is messing with the Dogster/Catster site, I have a few suggestions on how to make things better:
1) Revamp the gift shop to include a full time MEATZ selection with lots of varieties of Meatz and cheeses.
2) Install spell check on the comments and diary section – not all pups spell well.
3) Have an option to pull back a comment sent if the comment has not been read yet.
4) Fix the “Fun Stuff” so one can try a new background picture first without having to save the unknown background before you actually see if you like it. This also pertains to the Community Tab and navigation buttons – yes I know you can see the colors when selecting them but I need to see the colors against the background I am trying as the go hand and hand and currently there is no way of doing this without saving the changes first and if you don’t like them you have to start over again. Momma has wasted a lot of hours messing around with this.
5) Have a warning issued on pup/kitten pages when the background over powers the type. I HATE it when I can’t read what is on a pal’s page because their background obscures the type.
6) Update the game center to include some fun games like Farmville (can I see a Dogville or Catville in the making?) Maybe it would bring back some of the pals who have crossed over to Facebook.
Anyhoodle, the above are some of my suggestions for revamping Dogster/Catster. If any of you have some other suggestions feel free to leave comments.
Oh yeah, I would like to thank Dogster for making me one of the diary picks of the day. Thank you very much Dogster. I appreciate the honor and have enjoyed my day in the spotlight. I’d also like to thank all of my pals who sent me pressies for my page. I shared my steaks with Coco and am hanging the blue ribbon right by my bed so I can snicker each time Coco sees it – BOL, BOL.
January 20th 2012 7:47 pm
[ View A Comments (10) ]
It has been mentioned that you are once again making changes to our beloved Dogster/Catster site. I’m not too sure I am happy about this especially since we encountered that terrible case of fleas and ticks this past summer when changes were implemented, so I can only hope that this time any changes made would be well thought out and tested prior to doing them.
Anyhoodle, since you are messing with the site anyhow, how about revamping the gift shop to have not only steaks, but chicken, cheese, chops, salmon, bacon, duck, turkey, venison and other types of MEATS and cheeses that we could enjoy? In other words why not have a MEATZ shop so we can send a variety of tasty foods to all of our pals all through out the year.
I can hear you now saying “Puff, we have hot dogs and hamburgers for Fourth of July and Turkey for Thanksgiving”, which is true, but I suggest having a variety of meatz and cheese ALL the time. I would love to send and receive a tasty chicken or a chunk of yummy cheese.
Could you please ask your technical experts to get onto this matter right away?
Puffy – Drooling at the thought of a MEATZ gift shop
January 20th 2012 1:34 pm
[ View A Comments (7) ]
Is anyone besides me getting tired of steaks? Wouldn't it be nice to have a chicken in the store so we could send a nice chicken as a pressie to our pals and not to mention receiving one on our page also? Maybe some pork and lamb chops would be refreshing also. I also hear salmon, bisson, duck and venison are quite tasty also.
Should we suggest that Dogster have a MEATZ store where we could choose different MEATZs (and cheeses) instead of just the steak?
Puffy - Drooling all over the keyboard
January 16th 2012 9:50 pm
[ View A Comments (8) ]
There was no adventure today as it was cold and drizzling again so Coco and I slept on the daybed while momma tried to clean and straighten up the sewing room. She had all kinds of stuff piled high on the daybed from out of the closet, threw out some stuff and wondered where to put more material that she has. Quite frankly I think momma has too much material but don’t tell her I said that because she would disagree.
January 15th 2012 7:46 pm
[ View A Comments (8) ]
The sun was playing in the clouds this morning and the sky was dropping some drizzle our way. All in all it was a pretty gloomy day. I wanted to stay in bed and snuggle with momma but she went out for lunch with one of her girlfriends.
When momma came home late this afternoon daddy told her that Coco and I found the gate open and took ourselves for an adventure. He said he happened to look out the front windows and there we were on the side walk in front of the house – BOL, BOL
Momma almost had a coronary when she heard especially since neither of us had collars on with our tags. Our neighborhood has changed a lot in these last few months so not everyone would know where we belong.
Anyhoodle, Coco and I aren’t telling momma how long we had been loose, but now momma is acting like a crazy person checking and rechecking the gate latch to make sure it is closed and secured – BOL, BOL. She told daddy he would have been in BIG trouble had she come home and found us missing.
Puffy – lead astray by Coco
January 2nd 2012 11:03 pm
[ View A Comments (15) ]
I was up on the big bed with Coco and momma watching the Rose Parade today, minding my own business and not bothering anyone. Suddenly, Simba Blue my kitty brother jumped up on the bed and flopped himself between me and momma. I sniffed his nose and looked to see where he had his front paws because he is known to swat me with them. I wasn’t happy with what I saw because they were less than one inch from my behind. I looked at momma and she told Simba that he better not swat me, so I laid my head down and hoped for the best.
And do you know what happened next? All of you who guess he swatted me in the behind are correct. So I jumped up and went after him. Yes, I was ready to fight him and let him know that I have had enough of him bullying me. Simba jumped up and went flying off the bed and I ran to the edge of the mattress and told him in no uncertain words that he better stay away.
Momma grabbed me and scolded ME!!!! Can you believe that? Apparently going after either of the kitties in this establishment is frowned upon even if one of them instigated something. All I was doing was telling that big bully Simba that he better pick on someone else. He never picks on Coco or Bay-Ling and momma tells me that’s because I am the only one who reacts to him and he is just trying to get me to play with him. If that is his idea of playing he better go find someone else because I don’t like it.
Puffy – I’m mad and not going to take it any longer